Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wierd as hell diorama stuff...

+2
gluvzer
ScottRadom
6 posters

Go down

Wierd as hell diorama stuff... Empty Wierd as hell diorama stuff...

Post  ScottRadom Sun May 23, 2010 1:45 pm

This link is NSFW, and not for you kiddies!

It's a link to some dude horror diorama stuff. Wierd, but I like. I've been reading a lot of BAD horror stories lately (Clive Barker sucks man) and I think there's much more going on here in these pieces than in any ten of the stories/books I've waded through recently.

http://nnm.ru/blogs/horror1017/mark_powell_australia/#cut
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Wierd as hell diorama stuff... Empty Re: Wierd as hell diorama stuff...

Post  gluvzer Sun May 23, 2010 4:34 pm

Hmmmm... ummm.. disturbing. Crazy attention to detail for the settings. That baby just out of the vagina machine wall thing was for me the most disturbing.
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 23, 2010 6:29 pm

I was never truly comfortable play Silent Hill and survival horror games... this is why.

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Sun May 23, 2010 7:00 pm

=I=censor=I= i wrote a post, then it got lost somehow because someone else posted before i was done. This guy is messed up in the head. I mean everyone can come up with some pretty sick =I=censor=I= if they put their mind into it, but wow. This dude has been making these for over 2 years, and the loving attention he puts into it is pretty obvious. Id like to know what happened to him, and whats going on inside of his head... that would be the true horror :O

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Sun May 23, 2010 7:07 pm

I don't know for reals any of these kind fo horror art people, just net wise, but to me it seems the more twisted and messed up kind of stuff they do for the most part they seem pretty normal. Maybe even lame-ish. Maybe making stuff like that provides some sort of catharsis to whatever life gives em? I dunno. I thought the stuff was pretty cool. I prefer my horror stuff to be closer to what this dude did then the typical bogeyman "boo" type of horror.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Sun May 23, 2010 9:57 pm

I agree, monsters that jump out of the shadow are scarry, but not horror. I think that you are right in a way about this kind of thing being cathartic. But i also strongly believe that people who can create images like this have experienced things that have altered the way they view the world or themselves. In my mind it takes someone who has overcome their personal demons to be able to put it out there for the world to see. When you put the darkest part of yourself out there on display to the world it can be very liberating, especially if people are accepting of it. The scenario that went through my mind in this guys case is the art show. Can you imagine creating these things and then going to a gallery and having people just walk in off the street and see what your mind has created, and they having to answer questions about it. It would be a very character building exercise.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Terran Mon May 24, 2010 12:42 am

They are mild and tame until they decide to kill some poor sot and wear their head as a hat.
Terran
Terran
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon May 24, 2010 1:08 am

I also find the diorama's pretty neat. I dont quite think his subject material is to far out there, but what I think gives the work more impact than it would normally get is that they are miniature dioramas, a form of art where there really hasn't been alot of dark horror. I think a big impact of his work is alot of his creatures tend to be very amorphous. You can spends hours and hours sculpting a highly detailed, muscular daemon for example, but in alot of cases..taking a blob and roughtly modelling some humaoid arms and legs and giving a tooth filled mouth like appendage is going to make it scarier than hell!

Neat stuff though.. some of the creature sculpts remind me alot of the Thing, which I firmly believe is the greatest horror movie ever.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Mon May 24, 2010 2:42 am

Ivan and i were discussing winter zombie movies the other day and "the thing" came up. Its really is damn fine work, im going to have to watch it again now.

I think that by making them amorphous he also makes it easier to see what is going on in the environment. There are strong themes around BDSM and filth. For me the most disturbing thing is taking a look at what is being done to the "characters". Even the ones that are actively doing things seem like they might be orchestrated, another theme pushed by his inclusion of the orchestra, and other "puppeteer" like scenes. Of course with =I=censor=I= like this one has to be careful in what they say, lest they reveal something of themselves Wink

I would really like to interview this guy. The more i look at these the more fascinated i become with the thoughts behind them.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 24, 2010 1:33 pm

I loved the amazing detail work, also I really found the thing with a worm-head on a table very cute,,

Myself I never found games like silent hill series very scary, As long as I can see what the "scary" thing, I am fine. (What freaks me out is games like F.E.A.R. where there is far too many empty corridors where I imagine what might come out at me).

Do you know what scale the models are at? Cuz that is some of the more impressive work I have seen in a while, would definitely like to meet the artist, but it appears from the Russian comments, and Australian site, that he likely does not live in North America

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Mon May 24, 2010 1:49 pm

I personally know nothing of the person who made this stuff. I couldn't tell you anything about the size or scale of these pieces either. Google?
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Mon May 24, 2010 4:06 pm

Quite amazing stuff. I don't think I would ever want to look at this stuff for long, it puts my mind in a place I don't want it to be. Amazing sculpting and painting though, max skills.

"The thing"= Is literally my favorite horror movie, along with silent hill (just look at my daemon army).
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down