Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thursday Painting

3 posters

Go down

Thursday Painting Empty Thursday Painting

Post  Dana Wed May 12, 2010 8:28 am

Is there any one planning on going down to the den to do some painting on thursday later in the afternoon like last thursday? Ill probs be there around 3 ish if anyone else is planning on it
Dana
Dana
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Thursday Painting Empty Re: Thursday Painting

Post  Administratum Wed May 12, 2010 2:25 pm

I will be there on thursday.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 12, 2010 4:08 pm

I'm planning on dropping by on thursday to meet sewerstalker, if I see anyone painting I'll introduce myself... Put some faces to some names.

I'll get my Eldar out for a game one of these days too... Really...

-David

Dana wrote:Is there any one planning on going down to the den to do some painting on thursday later in the afternoon like last thursday? Ill probs be there around 3 ish if anyone else is planning on it

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Wed May 12, 2010 4:47 pm

good deal, looking forewords to meeting you

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 12, 2010 6:07 pm

If my mom is home I may just come for the paint day on the 16th.

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Wed May 12, 2010 7:22 pm

I don't think I can stay for any painting but I can bring your missing lizardmen Dave! Hopefully I can shake free of the kids around 4:00 or so. I feel the need to buy a mini or two.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 12, 2010 10:41 pm

i will be playine warmachine all day on thursday.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dana Thu May 13, 2010 8:26 am

I cant make it now. I had an eye appointment for this afternoon but its cancelled so ill have to work the afternoon now. sorry guys. Im pissed about it I keep trying to some group painting in but something allways comes up.
Dana
Dana
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Thu May 13, 2010 10:02 am

David- I'll still swing by sometime today to drop off those sprues with the missing lizardmen on them! If you don't make it today they'll be there for you next time you're in.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Thu May 13, 2010 5:26 pm

Sorry David, but I won't be making it down. Gotta take the boy to soccer practice. I will try and spin by tomorrow, hopefully AM to drop off some stuff. I wanna pick up a mini or two as well. I am thinking about painting up a commissar or something. They seem to be eBaying hella good nowadays.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 13, 2010 6:12 pm

ScottRadom wrote:Sorry David, but I won't be making it down. Gotta take the boy to soccer practice. I will try and spin by tomorrow, hopefully AM to drop off some stuff. I wanna pick up a mini or two as well. I am thinking about painting up a commissar or something. They seem to be eBaying hella good nowadays.

No problem. Whenever you get a chance to drop it off for me, just drop ma a line and I'll swing by and pick it up.

What kind of mark up can you get on ebay? The "Pro painted" mins I've seen there go for ~$30 over retail for a unit of 10... doesn't seem like it's worth the time. I guess General-ly type figures might be in higher demand if painted really well?

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Thu May 13, 2010 6:37 pm

I've had one or two mini's I'd call a success, but mostly it's defo not worth it in the traditional time vs. money sense.

Commission work pays better, but then you have to put up with doing someone else's ideas on the mini. Usually. I have some people I've gotten lucky with who just sort of say "have at 'er" and that works great.

For eBay a single character fig I usually sell for 35-50$. Depends usually on the popularity of the game system. I've had some of the mini's I thought I did my best work on sell for around 20$ if it's not for a big game system. So if you take the high end of 50$ and subtract the cost of the mini, let's say 12$ then of that 38$ I usually wind up eating a buck or two in postage, eBay fees will take 10%ish, paypal whacks you for another 4-5%. By the time it's over on a mini I've spent 8-10 hours on (And sometimes near double that) it's pretty clear if it was about money I'd be better off flipping burgers somewhere.

Selling mini's is just a way for me to keep the hobby paying for itself. If I buy a mini and tell myself it's going for eBay then at least I can keep feeding my mini buying addiction and lie to myself that "It's all gonna pay for itself in the end!". Since I don't really game much and I don't have a real sentimental value attached to the mini's I may as well sell them and spend the cash on shiny new stuff.

And sometimes I like to pick up a mini becuase I either want to try something new on that mini or I want to practice a technique out on it. Usually a little of both. I want a 40k commissar because I want to practice painting some black leather. But last time I was at the den they didn't have what I was after anyway.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down