WTF... Happened to MTV

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WTF... Happened to MTV

Post  Commander James of the Ul on Tue May 11, 2010 4:52 pm

On Sunday the family and I were flipping throught the telly after the NFL game and landed on MTV's top ten. The last time I watched MTV or Much was 02-04 When I was in college. They played Rock OMG it was kick ass, Nickel Back, Popoarch, Puddle of Mud, and yes DISTURBED and so on. That was a music station, yes you had to put up with Britney Spears but then she was still hot and fun to look at. Now on the Top ten they play some Justin kid who is like 10 talking about girls... (kid keep watching the little mermaid). They didn't even have one Rock tune. Ya they had Hedley but they just aren't rock anymore ever since they turned sissy. They even had a couple singers who thought they could rap. I personally don't like rap but I know this wasn't rap. 50 cent is good rap and this wasn't rap. Mtv just turned so bloody sissy. And Why the F... Are they playing Parasite Diaries. And "The secret life of an American Losers". That isn't music its sissy teeny sh.t. Video On trail. OMG they make fun of tunes. even the ones I like but its okay cause its funny.

I guess I just miss seeing I good rock vid on the telly. Something about drinking chicks and rock'en roll, good time and bad times. Now its vidoes are about Cocane hoes ( Lady Gigi and Rihana or rehab chick) or they are about sissy teeny sh.t. And thats only when they are playing music. Like right now its Disaster Date. Like WTF...

Yes I now this has nothing to do with 40k or warhammer stuff. But I just had to vent. Is there anyone else out there that think Much or MTV should stick to Good music and not teeny sissy stuff

Commander James of the Ul
Inquisitor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: WTF... Happened to MTV

Post  Guest on Tue May 11, 2010 5:08 pm

well, MTV has followed the evolution of "popular" culture

It has come to the attention of many producers and media heads that the most profitable target audience in today's North America revolves around people of an average reading level of grade 2, (so kids aged 8-16)

Older audiences that like Rock tend to not watch as much TV or buy as much merch (Hanna Montana sells more crap than ACDC ever did). Other media like popular film and litterature are also moving towards this audience, (harry potter, twilight, new transformers, etc...) since it sells

Good sounding music is appreciated, but I dont know many guys who buy more than a shirt, a CD, and a concert ticket for their favourite bands. New popular music has their public buying way more crap (backpacks, dolls, whatever)

I do not know why this bad music in enjoyed, or why middle class families in the USA apparently buy all this crap for their kids, but there is great evidence that it does. If you wanna catch good music, then do like the all the rock fans that I know and download (Your choice to do so via torrent or "legal" sites)

Back to top Go down

Post  master of the deathwing on Tue May 11, 2010 5:10 pm

I mainly listen to rock and little bit of metal, and so i've completely given up on TV for my music. Razz

master of the deathwing
Crusader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue May 11, 2010 5:20 pm

ya none of my friends watch mtv for music, mainly because it is jsyt reality shows now and does not show that much music. but i always use youtube.

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Tue May 11, 2010 5:48 pm

If you turned to a channel actually LOOKING for Nickelback, Papa Roach, and Disturbed then I have no sympathy for you. I can't think of a band I'd like to listen to less than Nickelback. Maybe Papa Roach actually.

ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue May 11, 2010 9:23 pm

This is why I spend most of my time on the internet.

I can't even watch MTV, I had to sit through an episode with my mother of "16 and Pregnant" because the internet was out and she wanted to watch it. got some of these girls, not to be sexist or in anyone offensive, but they deserve a good smack in the mouth.

It's depressing to think I was alive during the Downfall of the MTV Generation, but I'm glad I was never a part of it.

Also, What the hell happened to Nickelodeon?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue May 11, 2010 9:35 pm

[quote="AlexAwesome"]This is why I spend most of my time on the internet.

I can't even watch MTV, I had to sit through an episode with my mother of "16 and Pregnant" because the internet was out and she wanted to watch it. got some of these girls, not to be sexist or in anyone offensive, but they deserve a good smack in the mouth.

ya they are pretty stupid

Back to top Go down

Re mtv

Post  Commander James of the Ul on Tue May 11, 2010 9:54 pm

[quote="bensutherland333"]
AlexAwesome wrote:This is why I spend most of my time on the internet.

ya they are pretty stupid

Being a father I like to watch that show knowing that maybe I won't screw up as nearly as bad those stupid bee oches did lol. Scott have you even heard nickel backs last cd its kick ass. If I didn't love the jammen of Metallia last cd I might say it is the better of the two.

Inquisitor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Tue May 11, 2010 10:38 pm

Nickelback is awful. Top to bottom. Horrible vocals, instrumentals are the shits, lyrics seem to be written by a drunk 13 year old. Just trash. But don't let me stop you or the millions of other peeps out there lovin' that crap!

ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue May 11, 2010 11:53 pm

nickelbacks is not bad its just after listining to like 2 songs you realize that they all sound the same.

Back to top Go down

Re WTF happened to MTV

Post  Commander James of the Ul on Wed May 12, 2010 12:41 am

ScottRadom wrote:Nickelback is awful. Top to bottom. Horrible vocals, instrumentals are the shits, lyrics seem to be written by a drunk 13 year old. Just trash. But don't let me stop you or the millions of other peeps out there lovin' that crap!

Oh and what kinda tunes do you license to Hedley. lol After reading in thread it pisses me off that I'm going to have to buy that Hanna Montana crap for my daughter on her next b-day. Maybe I'll just let the wife buy that instead. Try and keep a clear conscious... I might try and find that drunk 13 yr old kid tomorrow morning. Got a boring morning any way might make things interesting..lol Razz Razz

Inquisitor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum on Wed May 12, 2010 4:00 am

jesus... im not sure, but i think this topic might be considered trolling...

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

View user profile http://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:41 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum