Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone play MMOs?

Go down

Anyone play MMOs? Empty Anyone play MMOs?

Post  Guest Tue May 11, 2010 2:55 pm

so right now im on the public wifi on the camp, and i found out that they are offering internet you can pay for per month thats alot better. i was never in camp last tour so i never knew about it.

so i was thinking of getting back into an mmo

i played wow, beat everything quit after ice crown citadel was done, got boring and i hated doing all the rep =I=censor=I=
i played wow but theres so much to do and never anyone around

i was thinking of starting age of conan and theres a new expansion out, so...
anyone ever play that recently? it came out a while ago and im sure theres been improvements

oh yea, no ever crap, never liked it. and aion looked to anime for me unless its good pvp

lmk guys, im bored, and the ping is gonna be higher then everyone so i want to pvp and solo for a while

thanks

Back to top Go down

Anyone play MMOs? Empty Re: Anyone play MMOs?

Post  Guest Tue May 11, 2010 3:20 pm

Right now I just started DDO (dungeons and dragons online)

As a bonus, the game is currently 80% free, and it is more er less WoW with much more focus on dungeons and groups than mindless grinding.

as for the free thing, you get the majority the quests, most of the starting races, and most of the classes. You can collect an in-game special currency by either questing or paying for it with credit card to purchase the last 20% of the game and items

But yeah, I too was done with WoW, (played almost everything, Ulduar and Ice Crown came out after I finished) and picked up this instead.

*Also, I know some of the guys at the den play City of Heroes/Villains, but I myself played waay too much of that game and got bored

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 11, 2010 3:27 pm

is there any pvp at all in ddo?
i forgot about that game

they blocked you tube on this public wifi so i can't access any game vids
ever play aoc? hows it compare between the two?
what im really looking for is something i can pick up, play easily, and put down later

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 11, 2010 4:51 pm

PvP seems to be mostly composed of team Arenas in DDO, and as for picking up,

Its easy to start, but unless u know some DnD 3.5, it will be hard to make a powerful character

Edit- Also, all the gaming in DDO is composed of dungeons of varying length, so after every quest you have a minute to check the time and stuff, and realise you have to go

Age of Conan.... I tried it, did not like it very quickly, combat has a very annoying attack lane thing; U have blocks to assign to 3 lanes (Left, right, mid) and then you atack either left right or mid... I dunno, just found it annoying and didnt like the graphics... but I barely got anywhere in teh game so maybe it getss nicer further in

Back to top Go down

Post  master of the deathwing Tue May 11, 2010 8:04 pm

yeah, DDO is pretty sweet.
master of the deathwing
master of the deathwing
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 11, 2010 9:17 pm

I play WoW and EVE online.

If you're thinking of playing Age of Conan, don't, I've been told it's really lame and its going down the shitter

Warhammer Online is pretty good and it focuses alot on Team work and PVP I played that for awhile but my computer couldn't handle it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 11, 2010 10:24 pm

master of the deathwing wrote:yeah, DDO is pretty sweet.

wat server u on?

Im Sarlona

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 12, 2010 2:48 am

i played warhammer online but that games pretty much dead from what i hear now

I had a 40 shaman and a 40 sorceress (fire mage but a dark elf)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 12, 2010 11:29 am

any one ever play city of heroes? that still being played?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 12, 2010 11:55 am

I play city of heroes/villains from begining to end

its very fun, and teh customization is awesome... but the game becomes rediculouly simple after about lvl 36 (max 50)

at that point, you can wipe an entire pull with 1 shot (A lot of classes get a super AoE), so dungeons become somewhat pointless, just pull and destroy....

From what Ive heard though, Champions Online is effective the sequel to CoH/CoV and have heard nothing but praise about it, I however have not tried it yet

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 12, 2010 12:32 pm

WoW, City(Heroes/Villains), Eve, Star Trek Online, Fallen Earth, Planetside - I'm a bit of an MMO Junkie.

I bought Connan when it first released, but was thoroughly dissapointed.

I find that MMO's are only really fun when you have people to play with (More specifically friends/people you know), at least for me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 12, 2010 12:58 pm

Jemal wrote:WoW, City(Heroes/Villains), Eve, Star Trek Online, Fallen Earth, Planetside - I'm a bit of an MMO Junkie.

I bought Connan when it first released, but was thoroughly dissapointed.

I find that MMO's are only really fun when you have people to play with (More specifically friends/people you know), at least for me.

any mmo u recomend for me while i am deployed?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 12, 2010 9:52 pm

Well, that really depends on what you find interesting.

WoW - Classic fantasy game
CoV/CoH - Super Heroes
Eve - Starships
STO - For Trekies
Fallen Earth - Post-Apocalyptic WoW
Planetside - MMO FPS.
Age of Connan - Not worth it.

If I were going to recommend one I'd say Planetside if you have any interest in shooters. It has so many options in weapons, tanks, planes, and later on Giant robots. Though it's 100% PVP, so if you're looking for an involving story maybe try something else. PS is a very fun way to spend the evening though, presuming you find a good server with lots of opposing players.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 13, 2010 2:31 am

what about aion

yea, def not playing wow, was on it before but its meh now.

and why is aoc not worth it? heard theres been some major improvements

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 13, 2010 12:37 pm

I tried Aion, and I have to tell you it got boring as hell to grind pretty quickly. I never got to the point of experiencing PvP (at lvl 25 IIRC), because I got so incredibly bored of the grind, and sometimes awful controls. Sadly, I am back to playing WoW after a few months hiatus, because I simply do not have anything else to fill my time, and I liked my guild. Luckily while I was gone, they got most of ICC hard modes on farm so I can just sit back and collect loot while pusing the last couple fights once a week or so.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down