HELLO FROM THE SANDBOX

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HELLO FROM THE SANDBOX

Post  Guest on Thu May 06, 2010 11:45 am

Afghanistan is hot lol, forgot how much from last time i was here, only been 3 rocket attacks so thats good. talk to you guys soon when i get a better inet connection here. I'll try and Post a pic or two

Back to top Go down

Re: HELLO FROM THE SANDBOX

Post  gluvzer on Thu May 06, 2010 11:47 am

Cool here, even had snow the other day!

Good luck, and stay safe.

gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Thu May 06, 2010 12:36 pm

Yep, stay safe!

ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re sandbox

Post  Commander James of the Ul on Fri May 07, 2010 8:21 am

Yup seeya later man stay safe (as possible).

Commander James of the Ul
Inquisitor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum on Fri May 07, 2010 1:12 pm

Id like to see some pictures, that would be sweet!

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

View user profile http://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri May 07, 2010 1:50 pm

How long you there untill?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri May 07, 2010 7:34 pm

canadin wrote:How long you there untill?

right now its near end of Nov but theres talk of extending the tour till xmas or just after
the reason: because those =I=censor=I= vandoo french fuckers dont want to come over till after xmas
sorry, i really hate those guys, i was working with some of them before on my 2nd tour and man are they arrogant and just a bunch of morons.

Lex: yea i would show some pics of where i work but unfort alot of the equipment i work with has a label of either secret or top (communications guy) and i can't take a picture
i'll show some pics of around the camp. Oh we do have a live predator and or reaper feeds during the night and day. I have a buddy working with that crew so i might try and convince him to copy some movies of missle hits and stuff and see if i can post them somewhere.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri May 07, 2010 7:59 pm

So... because the french don't want to miss their Xmas holiday..... You would have to stay there?

Man; I hope it doesn't end up that way

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat May 08, 2010 2:54 pm

right now its only a rumor and theres TONS of rumors, like we might be losing some of our pay, we might not get as long on our HLTA trip, we might get a second HLTA. so until im told by my chain of command, i'll be home november

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat May 08, 2010 3:23 pm

Ok,

Anyways, hope everything goes well there; see ya in november

Back to top Go down

Re Sandbox

Post  Commander James of the Ul on Sun May 09, 2010 9:03 am

Johnny 5 wrote:
canadin wrote:How long you there untill?

right now its near end of Nov but theres talk of extending the tour till xmas or just after
the reason: because those =I=censor=I= vandoo french fuckers dont want to come over till after xmas
sorry, i really hate those guys, i was working with some of them before on my 2nd tour and man are they arrogant and just a bunch of morons.

Lex: yea i would show some pics of where i work but unfort alot of the equipment i work with has a label of either secret or top (communications guy) and i can't take a picture
i'll show some pics of around the camp. Oh we do have a live predator and or reaper feeds during the night and day. I have a buddy working with that crew so i might try and convince him to copy some movies of missle hits and stuff and see if i can post them somewhere.

Look on the bight side. If the Liberals were in power they would never send the Voodoos over. And you probably would have gotten a pay cut by now and it would have gone to La Quebec... lol take her easy man

Commander James of the Ul
Inquisitor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun May 09, 2010 11:14 pm

.[/quote]

Look on the bight side. If the Liberals were in power they would never send the Voodoos over. And you probably would have gotten a pay cut by now and it would have gone to La Quebec... lol take her easy man[/quote]

i dont want to create tension in the league so i will not voice my opinion on the war. Or politics in that matter "resist temptation"

anyway johnny 5 i read in a white dwarf(sad i know), that GW is supporting troops, by creating gaming groups there so people can play while on duty. or somthing like that.

Also i am a HUGE MASSIVE NO LIFE HARDCORE NERD INSANE FANATICAL military history fan, but i was just wondering what exactly do you do? i know its not like most wars, where you take a city, or strategic location then move on(is it?) because the groups you are against intergrate themselves to seem like normal civilians. I hear NATO troops go on patrol and stuff but what does that mean, also when you say rocket attacks does that mean enemy combatents actully hit your position with rockets. Sorry for all the questions get home safe buddy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon May 10, 2010 2:58 am

right now im at the Kandahar Air Field also known as KAF. its the main base of all the forces in afghanistan.
and yes a rocket attack means that someone fired a rocket or multiple rockets at our position.
usually what they do is they just lay a old rocket or something down and angle it towards the camp. attach thier timer to set it off at a certain time so they have a chance of getting away WAY before its set off.

im a signals operator. basically im a radio man.
I was with a rifle company going outside the wire again, but they needed another master corporal for supervising shifts in the TOC which is the tactical operations centre. inside there thats where all the radio traffic is directed to, like situation reports (sit reps) artillery firemission requests, supply requests etc

Im basically in charge of the toc making sure certain things get done, but im just a supervisor of it really. i have a guy or couple of guys monitoring the radio and writing =I=censor=I= down, and i cover them off when they have to take a piss or go for a smoke or whatever.

theres other things, but alot of it is classified equipment i can't really talk about

ummm patrols.....yea you go for a walk around villages and =I=censor=I= like that, ive done it before, its alright, long, boring, hot. especially this time of the year

anyways i just woke up and have a couple of hours before i go to work, so im gonna hit the gym and shower and get ready

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon May 10, 2010 10:49 pm

i appriciate the info

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:13 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top