Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~*NEW* Astorath attack force!

+2
Veyure
Paz
6 posters

Go down

~*NEW* Astorath attack force! Empty ~*NEW* Astorath attack force!

Post  Paz Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:11 am

1850 list

~EDIT: LIST ADJUSTED BASED ON COMMENTS~

Astorath- 220

Terminator librarian
Blood lance, Unleash rage

(5)Terminator assault squad-210
x2 tt/ss

(1)Sanguinary priest
Terminator armor

chaplain-100

(10)Assault squad-240
thunderhammer
x2 meltas

(9)Death company squad-265
powerfistsx2
drop pod

DC dreadnought-195
Blood talons
heavy flamer
magna grapples
drop pod
Locator beacon

DC dreadnought-185
Blood talons
heavy flamer
magna grapples
drop pod

(5) CC Scouts-115
Camo cloaks
combi-melta
power weapon

(5)sniper Scouts-90
Camo cloaks

Okay. So Astorath joins the big assault squad, giving em rerolls. The oneo cc scout squad goes into reserve, to outflank and take objectives later game hopefully. Combi-melta they get lucky and end up behind a tank. Azzy gives them a better chance for furious charge, and cc scouts with FC= sweet deal.
I have 3 drop pods, so I can leave the DC troops in reserve if it looks like there will be no units out of transports to attack. The DC dreads can come in first, and with magna grapples and meltas, have a really good chance of popping something.
The DC troops will all have bolters, so that they can spray'n'pray when they come out. The chappy is there in case they survive, then wham! Reroll to hit and would with 3 attacks each! Yay!
Sniper scouts sit back, shooting stuff and holding nearby objectives. I have the points for one homing beacon, which I stuck on the dc dread pod, as one will come in first, and I want my uber-freem terminators to pop up and make themselves a bigger threat than the DC.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Paz on Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

~*NEW* Astorath attack force! Empty Re: ~*NEW* Astorath attack force!

Post  Veyure Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:01 pm

im wondering why camo cloaks on CC scouts? if they will be up in there doing some business they likely won't need them. if you plan on using them for late game objective, why CC them? just a thought.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:04 pm

I like it, EXCEPT for the close combat scouts, talk about garbage and a half... times two! make them snipers, they're cheaper, they wont die, they're cheaper and...... they won't die.

Feel free to ignore that since I know you modelled and painted close combat scouts already and they look cool, I'm just preparing you for all the sucking they will do on the table top, even more then a penny whore because plastic models don't need to come up for air! BOOM!

but since I'm guessing the scouts take objectives and just plan on soaking up firepower with their cover save (and needing the camo cloaks) I'd say keep the list the way it is... unfortunately it'd just be way way way cooler if you had 15 sniper scouts kicking around to make this list awesome...

I'd put the locator beacon on one of the dreads drop pods, because you'll always drop one of the dreads on first turn, so it's either DC and a dread or 2 dreads on turn 1 so might as well give the dread a locator because instead shiny magic fizzle.
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

~*NEW* Astorath attack force! Empty Re redux

Post  Commander James of the Ul Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:12 pm

Ya totally agree with Veyure and Smackman. I'd put sniper rifles on the scouts. Scouts don't usually make good CC troops. THEY DIE. Yes they are cheap but THEY DIE. Kinda of a bumper if you already have some painted tho. Don't you have to buy a different kit if you do what sniper rifles. Pretty sure I had to. All in all I still think it would be a fun list to play. (Scouts will die...........) lol

Commander James of the Ul
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:32 pm

i think they'd be alright in CC. with astorath making sure they almost certainly fall into the red thirst they will be St:5 I:5 on the charge. with 3 attacks each, thats some hurt to small units they might take on especially with the power weapon. my suggestion is to lose the cloaks as they won't benefit from cover if they are in assault.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:01 pm

CC scouts: reasoning=

yes, I do have the models built, but not a prerequisite. I have a full sanguinary guard squad built, but won't be using them in this list (at least I don't think I will).
Camo cloaks= soak up mucho fire from high AP weapons like frakkin meltas. They will come on later, so need to be mobile. Sniper rifles= not mobile, bad for contesting or holding far out objectives in enemy territory,
CC= with red thirst, the sarg gets 4 S5 i5 powersword attacks on the charge! Thats bad because....?

At least you guys are not all "DURP U NEED A LANDRAIDUR FOR UR TERMINATORS" which is the consensus on most other sites. I expect more suggestions like this, as well as "hey, change your whole army so its the dante mech spam we all are doing cuz its tha best".
Frak ppl just can't understand non-standard setups! Not you guys, I'm just ranting at the internets. Feels like the average IQ for international online 40k conversation has dropped in the last few years.

Good point on the beacon there Tom!

After reading some reviews of the list I noticed some mistakes (too many DC for that pod if I add a chappy, and 7 troops choices!) so I did some switching, and threw in a librarian for anti-lash.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:16 am

hey paz you should take a land raider for your terminators and deep strike it using your locator beacon. Very Happy
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:32 pm

So I think I see a discrepency in your list Paz.
Looks like you only have 9 death company and you have 2 death company dreads. If I am no mistaken, you can only take 1 DC dread for every 5 DC in your list. You will need 1 more dc guy to take that 2nd dread.
Otherwise looks pretty solid.
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:10 am

effin cheater!
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:43 pm

yeah, dude on Dakka noticed that as well. I took one off to meet the 10 dude limit for a drop pod, and forgot about the stupid 10 man option. I may take a 5 man dc jump squad as well, thanks to astorath...
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:35 am

Astorath is such a =I=censor=I=, I had 25 stormboyz show him and a 10 man assault squad how to use jump packs on tuesday night, needless to say anything they learned was quickly erased when my nob's power claw turned them into soup.
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Terran Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:48 am

You needz a lund raiderz fur yur Termies. And youz shuld uze Termies!

Wow, my brain hurts just from writing that. Nice list. Since I am only superficially familiar with the Blood Angels, I will assume you have all the bases covered and tip my hat in advance.
Terran
Terran
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down