~AAUGH!~

View previous topic View next topic Go down

~AAUGH!~

Post  Paz on Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:19 am

So I was taking a nice fresh Superstore pizza outta the over, when the cloth I was using slipped, and my finger touched hot as-the-devil metal. of course, my first instinct is to pull away, and the pizza slides to the other side, and my brain is screaming "HOLY FRAKK IM BURNT CALL THE DOCTOR CUT IT OFF" and my finger is swelling and looking all gross, but of course, I'm also thinking:

"...but I do love pizza..."

So I'm trying to jimmy the damn 'za back onto the grill, while cartwheeling my burnt finger in the air, like oxygen is gunna heal it...

You'll all be glad to know I saved the pizza. Also, now its really freaking hard to type without my index finger on my right friggin hand...

Paz
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ~AAUGH!~

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:25 am

woah i am eating a superstore pizza right now yummy....... anyway that must have hurt a lot, did u need to go to the clinic?

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz on Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:26 am

CLINICS ARE FOR GIRLS.

Paz
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:27 am

ah i see

Back to top Go down

Post  kerr_matt80 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:13 am

Ah the one handed pizza jig...i did that once years ago. Burnt my finger so bad i couldnt keep the cold cloth off it for more than a few minutes without almost crying. Oddly enough it turned into a game of how long I could stand the pain before i had to put something cold on it again.

kerr_matt80
Assassin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ice on Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:34 am

Paz wrote:CLINICS ARE FOR GIRLS.

And Matt...

Seriously that sucks man, at least the pizza was safe. Did it taste like magic after the ordeal?

ice
Mystic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz on Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:56 am

Oh so good. I watched The Spirit while eating it. I was pleasantly surprised. not a bad film.

Paz
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman on Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:05 am

Holy =I=censor=I= ouch!!! And now to thread jack, the spirit couldn't possibly surpass the righteous greatness that is watching black dynamite and the ghost of Lincoln fight Richard Nixon with nunchucks... ya that's right, he makes the spirit look like a jive ass cracker turkey honky fool!

smackman
Inquisitor Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:18 am

Ouch.

I did the same thing when I worked kitchens like 4 years back. Dropped a pan of muffins, and my mind went "Gah, catch the muffins!"

Get better soon!

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz on Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:25 am

Thanks guys, but its just a bit of a burn on the finger, I'll survive!

Paz
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman on Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:27 am

That's good, but if you need to go to the vet and get put down (I mean taken to a farm upstate) give me a call, I'm so bored.

smackman
Inquisitor Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum on Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:40 am

Better yet, go to the vet and get some of those painkillers they use on horses. If Tom can arrange that ill come along for moral support

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

View user profile http://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:03 am

Paz wrote:Oh so good. I watched The Spirit while eating it. I was pleasantly surprised. not a bad film.

The spirit wasn't good at all!!!

sorry just my opinion, but then again I went and say How to train your dragon 3d by myself over easter weekend in ottawa since everyone was gone.

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:14 am

If you didn't mind "the Spirit" then a burnt finger is the least of your worries. That movie was ass wrapped in =I=censor=I= dipped in pure =I=censor=I= man. I'd figure Frank Miller might have treated Will Eisner with a little more respect.

ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander on Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:34 am

Paz, I'm going to have to assume that after your finger burn and traumatic pizza ordeal.. you were in a serious state of shock....

.. how else could you possibly think that the Spirit was even remotely good.. must of been shock, out of your senses.. so happy to have saved the pizza that any movie you had on would of been good.

System Commander
System Commander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:47 am

the forum keeps censoring posts with "=I=censor=I=" for me

Is there any way to take that off?

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander on Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:50 am

No

System Commander
System Commander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re aagghh

Post  Commander James of the Ul on Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:50 pm

LexMechanic wrote:Better yet, go to the vet and get some of those painkillers they use on horses. If Tom can arrange that ill come along for moral support

If you guys need some vet drugs, I can hook you up. In this case I would use an anti-inflammatory that is also a steroid ( to help with muscle build up). Cattle steroids are awesome for muscle build up. After a week you could probably bench a hundred pounds with your little finger. But your manly hood might disappear and you might have D cup breasts. But if some of you have a fantasy of Tom and Matt hitting on you because of your breasts I guess that might work for that too... I guess
But no you don't want to mess with vet drugs. 1 cc of a microlid would kill you in an hour and there would be NOTHING and I mean NOTHING that a doctor of any kind could do...

Commander James of the Ul
Inquisitor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz on Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:08 pm

Scott and Robyn= i kept hearing how god-aweful it was, that I would hate it, so I went into it with little to no expectations. I thought it was a great comedy! The spirit and octopus just bashing each other, great fun! I have always had a low opinion of Miller, I think he is to hyped on his own "style", but the movie reminded me of the old batman show; not taking itself to seriously.
I have not read the old Eisner comic, so I imagine Miller ruined it by slapping on his "style". But I didn't much care, having not read it.
All in all, a good slapstick comedy, popcorn film.

Paz
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:38 pm

There is no excuse. It's bad!

BUT!! Just to capitalize HOW painful it is, the Eisner awards, as named after "the Spirit" Eisner are the comic industry Oscars. Eisner is a REAL big deal for comics. He helped push the medium along when it was in danger of dying completely. His name is as important as Stan Lee. The Spirit is a fairly intelligent combo of kind of a Sherlock Holmes/Batman type guy. Pretty close to the Guy Ritchie Holmes version actually. He solves crimes, then beats up the bad guys and gets the girl. He has no powers.

The movie was the equivalent of taking a beloved character like... let's say Robin Hood. So you take Robin Hood and you put your "style" on him. For Frank Miller this means ditching the faggy bow and packing a big gun. Then you lose the tights and put on a big black overcoat so it'll look cool when you jump across rooftops. And then you relocate Robin Hood from Sherwood Forest to Sin City, cause forests are gay. Then you give Robin Hood super powers for some stupid =I=censor=I= reason.

And you do all this because you LOVE Robin Hood so much!

I love Frank Miller. He was great! I just pretend he died around 1998 though. If you REALLY want to get kicked in the balls you should track down and read "All-Star Batman". It's maybe the worst comic ever written. Then go back and read "The Dark Knight Returns" and try to figure out how this is even the same =I=censor=I= guy! God damn Frank Miller.

ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:17 am

ScottRadom wrote:There is no excuse. It's bad!

BUT!! Just to capitalize HOW painful it is, the Eisner awards, as named after "the Spirit" Eisner are the comic industry Oscars. Eisner is a REAL big deal for comics. He helped push the medium along when it was in danger of dying completely. His name is as important as Stan Lee. The Spirit is a fairly intelligent combo of kind of a Sherlock Holmes/Batman type guy. Pretty close to the Guy Ritchie Holmes version actually. He solves crimes, then beats up the bad guys and gets the girl. He has no powers.

The movie was the equivalent of taking a beloved character like... let's say Robin Hood. So you take Robin Hood and you put your "style" on him. For Frank Miller this means ditching the faggy bow and packing a big gun. Then you lose the tights and put on a big black overcoat so it'll look cool when you jump across rooftops. And then you relocate Robin Hood from Sherwood Forest to Sin City, cause forests are gay. Then you give Robin Hood super powers for some stupid =I=censor=I= reason.

And you do all this because you LOVE Robin Hood so much!

I love Frank Miller. He was great! I just pretend he died around 1998 though. If you REALLY want to get kicked in the balls you should track down and read "All-Star Batman". It's maybe the worst comic ever written. Then go back and read "The Dark Knight Returns" and try to figure out how this is even the same =I=censor=I= guy! God damn Frank Miller.

Exactly, he put his own version of things.

It was a horrible movie with alot of good actors, well maybe not alot.

If you want a good funny movie, one that was never really high profile, but has ryan renalds (however you spell his name) rent "Buying The Cow" also has the guy from that old show "My secret Identity".

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum on Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:56 am

1 cc of a microlid would kill you in an hour and there would be NOTHING and I mean NOTHING that a doctor of any kind could do...

Do they sell a .9 cc dose?

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

View user profile http://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:00 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum