~Battle for Horgenhold, A chaos Incursion vs. the Imperium

View previous topic View next topic Go down

~Battle for Horgenhold, A chaos Incursion vs. the Imperium

Post  Paz on Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:33 pm

A dilapidated city, once noble and thriving. Now it shall be the center of a great battle, one to decide the fate of the entire planet!

The Combatants!

CHAOS

Daemon Prince Paz'iz'ta'tix!!

Chaos Lord Tom "three sheets to the wind" Zuboff!!

IMPERIUM

Sir John "the foul-mouthed"

The Imperials Deploy. A demolisher and many predators set up position, while Darnath Lysander stands ready at the front line, a squad of Sternguard veterans ready to let loose controlled bolter fire.

Chaos Deploys its tanks. In the forefront, Mallech the rogue Psyker and his witch coven take up position, ready to rend open the warp over the heads of the false Emperor's servants!

The Imperials unleash a first Salvo, doing little damage to the entrenched chaos forces. Suddenly, the Witch coven's chanting reaches a fevered pitch! The warp twisted creatures attempt a Grand Possession. But the chaos gods are not pleased by the offerings, and Mallech is lifted into the air, body exploding in Gobbets of Flesh and gore.
His Inner organs re-knit, and vast bulk appears of of nowhere, The Supreme Greater Daemon Zarak'ynel steps forward onto the battlefield, making a bee-line for the Grey Knight's land raider!

Across the battlefield, a massive pool of ooze produces a great unclean one, who promptly vomits foul acid over the nearby predator. Luckily the pred crew had decided it was a bit nippy that day, and closed all the windows, protecting them from harm.

The imperium strikes back quickly, and the forms of massive drop pods slam onto the battlefield (John forgot them on the first turn). Lesser daemons of Zuboff's legions pop into existence right next to them, ready to lay down some hurt, over the Holy rowboat of the Emperor!

As the Grey Knight Land raider lays smoking in ruin, a massive Nurgle Daemon Prince appears, and attempts to murder the Terminators hidden inside. Luckily for the Grey Knights, the prince had a lot of Yogurt that morning, leaving his bile mildly tangy, not acidic. The Grand master quickly casts the foul prince back to the warp.

AS the battle rages, Lord Tom shakes his hands to the fates, while elder Chaos Lord Mike "you count up!" Vothius watches on in grim amusement.

After slaking her Vehicular thirst on the shattered hulls of a dreadnought and a defiler, Zarak'ynel charges Lysander, who stands ready to face the charge!

While Zarak'ynel tosses lysander around like a wet rag, khorne Berserkers slaughter Darnath's Sternguard squad, covering their armor with gore.

After slaughtering a poor defenseless bloodthirster, a the remnants of a vanguard squad close on what seems an easier target, The Great Unclean one.

A tactical squad in the imperial safe-zone watch as a massive horde of screetching daemonettes appear. The poor marines brace themselves for what will be an inevitable outcome...

back on the chaos side, The witch coven remains unable to do sheeite all, thanks to the super psychic hood of the grand master...

Sir john, seeing a writhing mass of less daemons appear next to his scouts, commands his whirlwind to aim at the creatures...

But the great range of the missiles is not enough! wow!

Sonofa...

The Grey Knight Grand master decides he has watched long enough, and runs to Lysander's defence, hoping to save the hero, and destroy Slaanesh's greatest servant. For surely, 6 terminators with the great Kor'sarro khan can kill a daemon...

The great unclean one, against all odds, slaughters the vanguard, and with one wound remaining, charges the next juicy target!

Back at the imperial held Rowboat all is well. A massive terminator squad holds the line, lead by a great librarian. But what is this? A marine, bearing some sort of massive grena....

With a mighty roar and a pop, the VORTEX grenade annihilates the librarian and some of his terminators, Wowza!

Watching from his headquarters, sir John becomes worried...

A massive battle erupts near the pond of solace. Two daemon princes charge a squad of grey knights! The red pyramid is killed first, but the mighty prince of khorne holds his ground!

back in the center, the biggest fight is coming to a close! Zarak'ynel has slaughtered Lysander, all the terminators, and has reduced Khan and the Grandmaster to a single wound! With one final swipe of her claws, she tears the head from the Grey Knight's Shoulders, but is unable to get through the White Scar's defenses. Curses!

Lord Zuboff holds two Objectives, and stands victorious! The third, held by My daemonettes. John holds a single one, the holy Rowboat!

CHAOS WINS, 3-2! What a game!

My winner of the match? Close tie, as the GUO =I=censor=I= a lot of stuff, but

Zarak'ynel takes it! her kill list: A land raider, a dreadnought, a demolisher, Lysander, 6 Grey Knight Terminators, and A Grand Master! Only the Khan stands against her at the end!

While the Grand Master's Corpse lays broken upon the battlements

Loser of the match? Well, my Blood thirster only killed, like, 7 marines before dying, but,

mallech. he died first turn, stupid 2 on a 3+ to grand possess!

We had a great game, lotsa fun and name calling was had!

Last edited by Paz on Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Paz
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ~Battle for Horgenhold, A chaos Incursion vs. the Imperium

Post  Terran on Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:54 pm

Very nice. Pics are sweet. Name calling is healthy.

Terran
Assassin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman on Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:38 pm

Haha wow, this battle report is nothing like the game lol. There's no John swearing at his dice, Paz laughing maniacally or me with both middle fingers up after rolling dice.

John wanted to set the record straight however and mention that it was 3 - 2 because he was holding the all important Emperors Moss Covered Rock objective!

smackman
Inquisitor Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz on Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:09 pm

Lol. Changed the score. I left out all the cursing, other that to give John the "foul mouthed' cognomen.

Paz
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander on Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:38 pm

Hehe.. great battle report guys.. looks like fun.

I did see a couple shaky picutres in there, did Matt show up to take a few photos for you?

What did you take for Strategems, or was it jsut a big standard game?

System Commander
System Commander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kerr_matt80 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:20 pm

System Commander wrote:

I did see a couple shaky picutres in there, did Matt show up to take a few photos for you?

son of a...

kerr_matt80
Assassin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  miv305 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:35 pm

What the hell do you mean "elder" chaos lord Mike???

In addition I don't recall signing a release allowing you to post my image, expect a cease and desist letter any day now Evil or Very Mad

miv305
Crusader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz on Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:59 pm

Robyn= When high on sugar, and taking a bizzillion pics, its hard to hold your arm still for those tricky shots. I'm no "shaky-hands " matt though!

Mike= How about "old bones", or "out to pasture"? One foot in the grave"? Also, I took that slight intake of breath as you left, that half blink and the turn of your right foot as a sign of consent. Its legal!

Paz
Lord of Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:41 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top