Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Astorath's verdict, 1850 BA execution force~

3 posters

Go down

~Astorath's verdict, 1850 BA execution force~ Empty ~Astorath's verdict, 1850 BA execution force~

Post  Paz Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:22 am

1850 list, thoughts? I am going for a all footy, mostly jumpy and teleporting army.
Astorath gives all units the better chance for red thirst, bumping up some extra umph to the assault squads, and joins the Death company, giving the rerolls to hit and wound. Metatron goes with the assault terminators, helping with vehicles and making them preferred enemy in assault. I gave most units a fair amount of anti-tank, and anti infantry. i'll try to steer the death company by ds-ing them near an enemy I can handle.

-Astorath "The Grim" (High Chaplain) [250]

-Codicier Metatron, "heavenly scribe" (Librarian) [145]
Terminator armor, Storm shield

-Terminator Assault Squad Jegudiel "The Hyperphania" [210]
3 LC, 2 TH/SS

-Sanguinary Guard Squad Protheus "The Epiphania" [220]
Powerfist, infernus pistol

-Terminator Sanguinary priest Andromachus "The Archiater" [85]
Terminator armor

-Assault Sanguinary priest Ovid "The Fasti"[90]
Jump pack, power weapon

-Death Company "Astorath's flock" (5) [205]
jump packs, thunderhammer

-Death Company Dreadnought Saraqael "Sanguinus' tears" [185]
heavy flamer, blood talons, magna grapples, Drop Pod

-3rd Company, 7th Assault Squad Raziel "Iron Helms" (10) [245]
power fist, hand flamer, x2 meltas

-3rd company, 8th Assault Squad Lepidus "Iron Helms" (10) [245]
Power fist, Hand flamer, 2x meltas
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

~Astorath's verdict, 1850 BA execution force~ Empty Re: ~Astorath's verdict, 1850 BA execution force~

Post  Administratum Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:02 am

Ok first off, i have been away from the game for over a year, and i am not a tactical genius or anything, so many of my opinions might be faulted. Hopefully more people will comment, and catch and errors in my logic.

what powers were you thinking about giving your libby?

Terminator Assault Squad Jegudiel "The Hyperphania" [210]
3 LC, 2 TH/SS

With the assault termis i would go all thunder hammer storm shield, but i think you already have these guys modeled.

-Sanguinary Guard Squad Protheus "The Epiphania" [220]
Powerfist, infernus pistol

looks solid

Terminator Sanguinary priest Andromachus "The Archiater" [85]
Terminator armor
Giving the termis fnp is nice, should really work on more storm shields though... that would be such an ugly unit, especially with that librarian in there as well.

Assault Sanguinary priest Ovid "The Fasti"[90]
Jump pack, power weapon

-Death Company "Astorath's flock" (5) [205]
jump packs, thunderhammer

looks good to me...

Death Company Dreadnought Saraqael "Sanguinus' tears" [185]
heavy flamer, blood talons, magna grapples, Drop Pod

I really like the blood talons. If you get into a mob of orcs or gaunts it could be so much fun just rolling dice after dice. I dont think i would put the magna grapple on there though. If you pull a vehicle in, you only have strength 6 to assault it with. I would probably just keep this guy for beating up on those tarpit units. At least i think he would be good for that, i have been away a long time.

3rd Company, 7th Assault Squad Raziel "Iron Helms" (10) [245]
power fist, hand flamer, x2 meltas

-3rd company, 8th Assault Squad Lepidus "Iron Helms" (10) [245]
Power fist, Hand flamer, 2x meltas

My favorite troop choice by far. However i dont really like just putting one hand flamer in a unit. They are only str 3, so to be effective at all you should have multiples so you are utilizing the template rules for adding wounds. I would probably tailor one squad to armor/heavy infantry with 2 melta (and maybe an infernus pistol on the searg) and one with either 2x flamer and a hand flamer or 3x hand flamer.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

~Astorath's verdict, 1850 BA execution force~ Empty Re: ~Astorath's verdict, 1850 BA execution force~

Post  Paz Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:15 am

For the termies, i'm thinking with furious charge and unleash rage, thats 4 attacks hitting on a 3+ and rerolls to wound each on s. 5. This way, the unit won't get mobbed by high model count units, and can still spank a tank with lance, and the thunder hammers.

I thought the magna grapples might be a good idea for vehicles to kill. Imagine, you land behind a vehicle. You might miss with your melta, but the grapples are s8, a nice touch. if it still survives, drag that beaut close! you can mess up the guys plan for his vehicle, make sure you can assault at s7 next turn. Not bad. he may still get melta'd but that other player darn well wants to blow up that trucker, or his infantry are facing a monster.

assault squads- yeah, may make more sense. I might even go flamer, melta, hand flamer for each squad. I can then combat squad those if im not playing KP, one can go tank hunting, the other, infantry. I'm totally undecided though, haven't put much thought into them yet.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:25 am

I like it for the most part paz!

Only two real complaints. First off, I have to agree on the magna-grapple unless I'm missing something. It has the same chance to hit as a melta, and is anywhere from minorly to significantly less likely to damage the vehicle dependant on where you land. Even if it does have an effect, the drag is far from a sure thing, and when it does go off seems like it wouldn't do much. Great gimic ability, but just seems ineffective, paticularly considering you have to pay for it.

The other suggestion, I'd run the sanguinary priests as close to 'naked' as possible. This mostly applies to the power sword on the jump priest. Because they are IC's, the sang priests will die the second they get into melee with anything more pressing than guardsmen, because they'll be a primary target. Putting any wargear on them that doesn't increase their survivability or allow them to keep up with the unit they attached to just seems a waste. To me anyways.

On that note, awesome list. =)

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:50 am

wait does the magna grapple replace a DCCW? because if it does... taking it just became stupid.
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:41 am

Caros= but for 15 pts, you go from one s.8 melta, to a melta and an ap.2 krak missile. even if it doesn't drag it, you get an additional attempt to boom boom. We all know how effective a melta off a drop pod is... *miss*

Tom= nope, shoulder mounted. Doesn't replace anything. Think Frag assault launchers on the ironclad.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:57 pm

... I am torn.

On one hand, I have been getting rules stuff wrong left right and center all day. I am shamed.

On the other, I thought the magna-grapple replaced a weapon. That it does not makes far more sense and makes it in fact, quite bitchin.

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:56 pm

Yeah, I'd definately take it then, I mean that's an extra high ap shot, high enough strength to pop some douche's rhino's and high enough AP to make him second guess his terminator placement... altho I'm still going to call you a douche nozzle if you play blood angels just on principle so I really don't care.
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down