Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Runic Armour and perils

+2
Veyure
kerr_matt80
6 posters

Go down

Runic Armour and perils Empty Runic Armour and perils

Post  kerr_matt80 Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:18 pm

So after suffering perils on my rune priest's first test I got thinking. Runic armour says it gives a 5+ invulnerable save against wounds caused by psychic attacks. Would perils of the warp be considered a psychic attack...and discuss
kerr_matt80
kerr_matt80
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Runic Armour and perils Empty Re: Runic Armour and perils

Post  Guest Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:59 pm

You are allowed invulnerable saves form perils of the warp. I do beleive that you have to re-roll passes though....

Back to top Go down

Post  kerr_matt80 Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:02 pm

Yes but the armour only has an invulnerable save against psychic attacks. Fluffwise by its very definition perils is a psychic attack but i couldn't find anything in the rules to back that up
kerr_matt80
kerr_matt80
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:18 pm

I do not beleive that perils is a psychic attack,

I think it is a result of using a psychic power

It seems kind of silly to give a peice of wargear that gives a save only vs powers. Lots of powers dont deal wounds, or allow armour saves. Seems like a rediculously specific situation peice of wargear

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:44 pm

Runic Armor is the Wolves version of artificer armor. So 2+ armor instead of 3+. In addition, it also gives the bonus against Psychic Attacks.

As far as the perils thing? Its up in the air honestly. Like most things it pretty much hinges on one word, in this case, attack. Personally I'd give it to you in standard play, but I doubt you'll get any ruling. Use it as 5+ and roll off if someone disagrees would be my vote considering how rediculously situational it is.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:34 pm

seeing as you have to re-roll saves from perils, 5+ becomes a 1/9 chance,

I would have no problem letting someone make that roll,

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:11 am

Um... what?

There is no re-roll for perils to my understanding. If you make perils, you take your inv save as normal.

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:08 am

He means you have to reroll the 1st successful inv save when trying to save against a perils of the warp.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:01 am

... So you do. *Has learned something.*

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:22 am

Unless the rulebook says specifically iut's a psychic attack, Im afraid your out of luck.

As it is, having the 2+ is great, with a little added bonus of the 5+ invul for psychic attacks. I think giving it a power that would aid your priests in throwing round their psychic powers is a little above the armour's purpose.

Just my thoughts. How much does the armour upgrade cost?
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  kerr_matt80 Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:04 pm

20pts. I think even if it was definitely allowed it is still too expensive for that...alas no storm shield option Sad
kerr_matt80
kerr_matt80
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:06 pm

well 20 is 5 more than artificer armour (15)

I dont think Id pay 5 points for an invul save that I only really plan to use against stuff like Mind War specifically

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:10 pm

Why? Khorne pays for a save against psychic attacks...
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:32 pm

Khorne pays for a 2+ to ignore the effects of a power,

That means it can negate things like DOOM, Lash, etc...

It is MUCH better than a 5+ vs powers cuz it works on all targeted powers....... and its a 2+

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:52 pm

5 points gets you inv against psychic attacks. i think thats fair. Perils is not a psychic attack.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:56 pm

Canadin= Wrong. its a 2+ against psychic attacks that WOUND. Remember when your "slaanesh" sorcerer lashed my squad of blood letters and herald? I couldn't do anything against it.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:05 pm

...and I believe you get a flat 2+ invul save against force weapons period.. if I remember the wording correctly. So, not a 2+ invul save against dying, but if that librarian hits and wounds your bloordthirster 3 times, hets gets the 2+ against all those.

It came up when I played Greg a few months back, and it was a pretty pivotal moment in the game. Greg actually pointed it out to me he thought I got a 2+ against all the wounds, not just psychic part of the ability.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:46 pm

Yep, wording is "wounds caused by Psychic powers, or force weapons".

Runic armor wording=

"...Runic armor has a 2+ armor save. Furthermore the wearer of runic armor has a 5+ invulnerable save against all wounds caused by psychic attacks due to his protective runes".

Perils=

"...the psyker suffers one wound with no armor saves or cover saves allowed. Invulnerable saves are allowed, but the power of the warp is so great that successful saves must be rerolled...".

So, RAW, no you can't take your runic save, as a perils is not a psychic attack, but basically a special wounding.

RAI... with the re-roll... I dunno, I might just let the other player take his save, since re-rolling a 5+ is pretty hard.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:48 pm

and like Adam, I learned something new on this thread as well. I had no idea that you had to re-roll successful saves on a perils of the warp.

I dont use any psykers normally, but I have been known to whip out the daemon weapon from time to time..
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:58 pm

Paz wrote:Canadin= Wrong. its a 2+ against psychic attacks that WOUND. Remember when your "slaanesh" sorcerer lashed my squad of blood letters and herald? I couldn't do anything against it.

Hmm, I havnt read the neww Daemons Codex Much.... But the old Collar of Khorne from the Book of Khorne Marines back when I used it was 2+ vs any psychic stuff or force weapons. I guess they downgraded it in 5th

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:10 pm

canadin wrote:
Paz wrote:Canadin= Wrong. its a 2+ against psychic attacks that WOUND. Remember when your "slaanesh" sorcerer lashed my squad of blood letters and herald? I couldn't do anything against it.

Hmm, I havnt read the neww Daemons Codex Much.... But the old Collar of Khorne from the Book of Khorne Marines back when I used it was 2+ vs any psychic stuff or force weapons. I guess they downgraded it in 5th

Then please don't post answers in Q&A when you don't know or aren't sure, don't just answer with info from a previous codex. All it does is cause more confusion.
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:07 pm

kerr_matt80 wrote:So after suffering perils on my rune priest's first test I got thinking. Runic armour says it gives a 5+ invulnerable save against wounds caused by psychic attacks. Would perils of the warp be considered a psychic attack...and discuss

What psychic attacs are ap2 or allow no save?

Mind war
Psycher battle squad
Smite (whatever it is called these days)
Zoanthrope powers

Not many. Its like the magic items in some fantasy army books which are specifically made to have effects against certain races.
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down