Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun S'toon 40K = No more HolyCause

+4
gluvzer
Paz
System Commander
miv305
8 posters

Go down

Fun S'toon 40K = No more HolyCause Empty Fun S'toon 40K = No more HolyCause

Post  miv305 Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:48 am

Ok folks,

Can we just take a vote from the general community to decide if we can eliminate this jackass from these forums?

Does anyone actually enjoy reading this tool's posts? If I wanted some scrub to quote me Stelek's thoughts I could go to Stelek's own site, I don't need that here. If I wanted to read some crybaby post about how the only reason he's ever lost a game is because of bad luck than hey Stelek's blog will work for that too! If I wanted to read some BS post about how he's smarter then everyone here then shockingly Stelek's site will work for that too. Anyone see the pattern yet???

If a guy has pushed Robyn (who is absurdly patient) to the edge then maybe we should do the Moderators work for him and toss this loser on his ass.

Agree/Disagree?
miv305
miv305
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Fun S'toon 40K = No more HolyCause Empty Re: Fun S'toon 40K = No more HolyCause

Post  System Commander Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:58 am

Its already been dealt with, Alex was removed from the forum last night, and banned from the league.

I dont take doing it lightly, its only the second time Ive had to ban someone. However, as much as Ive heard he's a great guy to play against, he can't function on the forums and its obvious he holds the league in distaste for not conforming to his ideals of gameplay, which I dont agree with.

If anyone has any problems with it or needs to discuss their opinion of it, feel free to do so. I won't change my mind though..
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:04 pm

Ah, misguided youth! if Alex was a =I=censor=I= in person, this would be no problem for me. But he's actually a good guy face to face. I guess he just bottles up a lot of nerd-rage, and slams us on Stelek's wank-fest of a site.
If he's amiable, I am going to have a game with Alex on friday, and see if I can't find some common ground we can agree on, on how to carry oneself online.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:07 pm

Yea, I've had a ton of fun playing against alex, both kicking his butt and get mine handed to me. It's too bad the internet sometimes brings out the worst in people and can put it centerstage.

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:10 pm

Paz - I've never met him and can only go by what is said. But I'm concluding that he's obviously being fake when in person. No genuine person would be nice and then go home and slam everyone. He may be acting nice, but I see how he truely feels.

I don't think I'm jumping to conclusions. I'm glad to hear he's gone and that Robyn's not changing his mind about it.
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:17 pm

It is the internet.. but for alot of people that dont make it down to league regularly, its also a place to interact socially with the community.

Acting like a jerk here might not be an accurate real life representation, but his actions will affect how people view you in real life.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:21 pm

Ryan, Robyn= Oh, I absolutely agree. I guess its just too bad.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:42 pm

It is too bad. Personally I never had a problem with him but then again things I hear on a daily basis at work makes him seem like sunday school teacher. I will agree it is different between seeing him at the den and online though

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:00 pm

urlec= I don't see the connection. If you see terrible people at work, how does that make him not so bad? 40k is a hobby, something for fun, outside of all our busy lives. If someone is making that downtime less fun, do we go "well there are murderers and brigands out there who are worse, so...". Its not some kinda scale of asshat-ery that we judge someone on. being an asshat is just that.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:09 pm

paz - yes an asshat is an asshat it was just a comment through my eyes.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:19 pm

HolyCause is a great guy, and I dont get what all the fuss is about....

From what I understand, he was just e-mail'ing this guys Stelek (who is he anyways?) and then that guy decided to publicly post everything.

We live in a country of free speech, and I feel that even if someone desires to complain, it is his right.

But then again, we live in a system of democracy, so if the majority of you were offended, then I guess that you are allowed to kick him...

Its a shame though, HolyCause is a fun guy to game with.....

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:27 pm

he is really fun in person but he is a huge douche on the net

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:29 pm

I don't think the email really got him kicked, it was the mountain of bullshit that he spewed forth before the email that dug the grave, the email tipped him in. Glad I can go back to pretending that stelek doesn't exist now.
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:35 pm

wont some people misinterpret us as facist he was mearly expressing his veiws in a srong manner

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:51 pm

Just forget it guys. What's done is done and nothing more needs to be discussed.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Fun S'toon 40K = No more HolyCause Empty HS gone

Post  Commander James of the Ul Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:34 pm

I've battled him before and in person he is okay. But when you are a jerk on a different media generally thing carry over. But I've got to deal with people like this some time on a daily basis, and when they start wheeling crap what ever let it go. People like this usually dig their own grave and unfortunately he did Oh well.

Commander James of the Ul
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  HiveMindRuik Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:37 pm

alright seeing as we all have the same general opinion of alex i think its safe to assume we can stop the continuation of this thread seeing as we have all generally vented what we wanted to say and since he IS already gone we can just drop the subject and move on
HiveMindRuik
HiveMindRuik
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:18 pm

Yep, not much more to say. The issues been closed, so I think we're agreed we should move on from it.

Ill lock all of these down, and we can concentrate on things of a more productive nature.. like the start fo the league.

If you do have a personal opinion and/or problem, by all means.. throw me a PM. It wont change my mind, but if you want it off your chest, send it over.

The post to the other forum wasn't what got him banned, it was his inability to follow some extremely simple requests, the complaints I got, and his refusal to change. His blog post was the final straw, but it was the dozen or so things before that that got him there.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum