PA tournament attitude question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PA tournament attitude question

Post  judchic on Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:57 pm

So something came up at the tourny last week that i wasn't sure how to handle. my second game made me want to beat the guy i was playing with the rulebook he didn't have.
-he didn't have a rulebook
-he was sharing a codex with someone on another table
-he didn't know the rules of his army
-he had to use MY dice because he didn't have any
-he would move his first model 6" then every other model past that point
-constantly questioned rules (assaulting through one unit to hit another 3" behind it...)
-putting his models on top of mine
-claiming that tyranids are overpowered every turn when i did what i had to to kill things (aka moving a battlewagon within 18" of a zoanthrope brood)
-moving squads then moving them back then moving them then moving them back
-questioning the fact i count the number of wounds a model has taken rather than how many are remaining
-and after finding out that we had 15m til the games weren't going any longer he tried to delay it so we couldn't finish the turn so he could win by default

so rant is over and now the question arises. how do you deal with someone like this? i didn't want to be a (censor) because it seemed like he was trying to learn the game and it appeared like he was friends with the people running the event yet at the same time i wanted to break something at the end of the game.

judchic
Lord of Titan

Posts : 1047
Join date : 2008-10-20
Age : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PA tournament attitude question

Post  HiveMindRuik on Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:20 pm

judchic wrote:So something came up at the tourny last week that i wasn't sure how to handle. my second game made me want to beat the guy i was playing with the rulebook he didn't have.
-he didn't have a rulebook
-he was sharing a codex with someone on another table
-he didn't know the rules of his army
-he had to use MY dice because he didn't have any
-he would move his first model 6" then every other model past that point
-constantly questioned rules (assaulting through one unit to hit another 3" behind it...)
-putting his models on top of mine
-claiming that tyranids are overpowered every turn when i did what i had to to kill things (aka moving a battlewagon within 18" of a zoanthrope brood)
-moving squads then moving them back then moving them then moving them back
-questioning the fact i count the number of wounds a model has taken rather than how many are remaining
-and after finding out that we had 15m til the games weren't going any longer he tried to delay it so we couldn't finish the turn so he could win by default

so rant is over and now the question arises. how do you deal with someone like this? i didn't want to be a (censor) because it seemed like he was trying to learn the game and it appeared like he was friends with the people running the event yet at the same time i wanted to break something at the end of the game.

well did you at least score him bad for that? and personally if your playing someone like that in a tournament you should tell the tournament organizer or you know talk down to them Razz

HiveMindRuik
Assassin

Posts : 365
Join date : 2009-08-13
Age : 25
Location : Saskatoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PA tournament attitude question

Post  System Commander on Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:41 pm

I think I played that kid a few times back as well.. the best was him using my dice while eating a nice mayo dripping sandwich. I pulled out a bunch of extra from by box to use so I didnt have to grease myself up as well.

I wont relay my story, but it wasn't fun and I did talk to Ben about it. That was pretty bad though.. that sound slike Cam's experience. He put his Daemon prince with a lash on the table.. and the guys, like.. Oh, a prince with a lash.. well, thats 0 for sportsmanship and army comp and filled his form out. Keep in mind this was before the first turn even happened.. how do you play a nice game against a guy who just gave you a 0 for sportsmanship?

I only have a couple experiences like that over the years though.. for the most part though Id say 95% of my tourney games have been great.

System Commander
System Commander

Posts : 4679
Join date : 2008-02-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PA tournament attitude question

Post  judchic on Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:49 pm

oh and i got a 1 on comp and sportsmanship.
i game him a 1 for sportsmanship and a 3 for comp as he had lots of nob bikers.

judchic
Lord of Titan

Posts : 1047
Join date : 2008-10-20
Age : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PA tournament attitude question

Post  HiveMindRuik on Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:53 pm

judchic wrote:oh and i got a 1 on comp and sportsmanship.
i game him a 1 for sportsmanship and a 3 for comp as he had lots of nob bikers.

did he have a wazzdakka?

HiveMindRuik
Assassin

Posts : 365
Join date : 2009-08-13
Age : 25
Location : Saskatoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PA tournament attitude question

Post  judchic on Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:56 pm

yes

judchic
Lord of Titan

Posts : 1047
Join date : 2008-10-20
Age : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PA tournament attitude question

Post  HiveMindRuik on Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:00 pm

judchic wrote:yes

ok i know him dont sweat it it was his first tourny so he didnt know better

HiveMindRuik
Assassin

Posts : 365
Join date : 2009-08-13
Age : 25
Location : Saskatoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PA tournament attitude question

Post  smackman on Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:18 pm

Well how I would handle that in somewhere like PA is delivering a dirty beat down in the parking lot. In a respectable city though you can't do that because they have enough cops that they would arrest you for assault, however I wouldn't play someone in a tournament who doesn't have their own tape, codex, list, dice. In the league, I'll share whatever and even at a tourney I'd share templates, but no =I=censor=I= way am I sharing my dice or tape, and if he can't produce an army list at my request or at the bare minimum a codex I'm not deploying. Fun's fun but tournaments are supposed to be competitive and provide that edge and challenge that regular relaxed games do not, if you don't know how to play 40k then stick to the sidelines in a tournament.

smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Posts : 754
Join date : 2008-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PA tournament attitude question

Post  Guest on Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:39 pm

jeez that sounds like a bad game

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: PA tournament attitude question

Post  Spamus Eatus on Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:40 pm

Hmmmm, I'll look into this little issue here. Having the required materials is, well, required for that very reason. Anders is our "new guy" and isn't at the club all that often. Seems he's a pretty competitive fella as well. If I'd known he didn't have his basic supplies, he would have been docked a few extra points for that. This was his first tourney I think though. Not that that is an excuse for poor behavior, of course

Spamus Eatus
Inquisitor Lord

Posts : 777
Join date : 2008-05-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PA tournament attitude question

Post  Guest on Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:04 pm

were is the club/store in PA i tried to find it last time with no luck whats the name of it again?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: PA tournament attitude question

Post  HiveMindRuik on Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:22 pm

Jstone wrote:were is the club/store in PA i tried to find it last time with no luck whats the name of it again?

J&P hobby supple its about a block away from zellers on the other side of the street where humptys is

HiveMindRuik
Assassin

Posts : 365
Join date : 2009-08-13
Age : 25
Location : Saskatoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PA tournament attitude question

Post  Spamus Eatus on Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:48 pm

http://www.jphobbies.com/about_us.php?osCsid=5bb9ae286a342ca00f18608a4de453d0

BAM. All hail the mighty interwebz!

Spamus Eatus
Inquisitor Lord

Posts : 777
Join date : 2008-05-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PA tournament attitude question

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:32 pm

I can understand some of that in friendly games, but at a tournament? Not knowing your army, no dice/ruelbook/codex, etc, etc...

And here I am avoiding tournies simply b/c my army isn't painted.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: PA tournament attitude question

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:20 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum