Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1850 tau list

4 posters

Go down

1850 tau list Empty 1850 tau list

Post  Matthew G Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:39 pm

Been thinking of a different tau list.

Commander shasui with iridium armor (2+ save) frag launcher and plasmagun

3 crisis suits. 1 with plasma/missile pod, 1 with twinlinked plasma/missile pod and 1 with plasma and burst cannon.

6 squads of 12 fire warriors with bonding knives, and markerlight

3 broadsides
2 rail gun hammerheads

Thoughts?
72 firewarriors sounds nasty, but is it really?
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

1850 tau list Empty Re: 1850 tau list

Post  Veyure Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:27 am

I think the gun line tau could still be really good. flank marching or deep striking units with flamers are the only really scary things for it. A few ordinance things ignore cover too but not as often taken. I think the problem with gun line tau is that people don't take enough guns. The warriors arent that expensive (they are compared to other armies granted) but i think 72 is a lot to deal with. that 72 st 5 shots up to 30 inch. and once close enough, 144 str 5 shots. it definately frces your opponent to think twice about running straight for you. be careful of mech list thogugh, but it seems you have the tank problem taken care of with all the rails and missiles.

Sum up is, list could be good. try it out a few times and let me know. This list is something i like when reading tau book as is a mercenary list kroot (of all types) and vespid are really cool imo.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:00 am

I actually want vespids but cannot justify them as they are 16 points, t4, bs 3, 5+ save.
They have str 5 ap 3 guns but only shoot up to 12".
Also they have fleet (dumb as why would u assault with such expencive squishy units) and skilled flyers (this is useful, but doesnt make up for it).

So yeah. Cool looking models with craptastic rules.

I need to buy 2 more boxes of firewarriors to make the above list.
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:13 am

Vespids count as jusmp troops? then i would deep strike em every time. it's the same argument for using warp spiders for eldar. 12" st 6 gun but they are kinda expensive. and their special warp jump ability has a chance to kill themselves. all said and done, i think they are very effective and useful for many things. Maybe vespids will be too.. i say try em a few times and then decide.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:29 am

Vespid seem a neat choice, with those str 5 ap 3 template guns, and truthfully they are better off in 5th then before with all the cover rules now. No hiding from those guns..

That being said.. 5+ armour is pretty rough. If something sneezes around them, they'll be breaking as well. WIth Ap 3 flamers, your opponent will be gunning them fo4r them for sure, so yeah, you alsmost have to deep strike them to try and get some kills before they bite it..

Now Warp Spiders, those guys are pretty awesome. They are always causing problems for me when I play Eldar now.. it used to be Dark Reapers, but I think I jsut try to take those out first whenever I play them.. which means I leave the Spiders to run around destroy crap..
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:37 pm

10 of those darn warp spiders killed my GD of slaanesh in one turn!
I think vespids can be pretty good now. With skilled flier, keep em in cover for the 4+ save, and smash those marines! I would use them like flamers of tzeentch. jump in, kill a whole pile of Meq and then expect to die. keep the unit under a 100 pts, and it won't hurt that much, as long as you think of them as suicide troops.

72 firewarriors= ouch!
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:41 pm

The vespid gun is not a template. Its assault 1.
Man, if it were a template id be all over those.
So say u bring 10. U need to upgrade 1 to a strain leader to give them some better leadership. On average 5 will hit an 3 will wound. 3 dead marines. Then the vespids get shot next turn and they are all dead
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:00 pm

Ahhh, I always thought it was a template weapon. Well, that makes them even worse..

I've never gone up against them in any game.. and for good reason..
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down