Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New 40K Rule Book FAQ

3 posters

Go down

New 40K Rule Book FAQ Empty New 40K Rule Book FAQ

Post  HiveMindRuik Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:21 pm

finally clear wording that the Doom of Malan'tai cannot affect units in vehicles Very Happy should also be clear that one does not get cover saves against the spirit leech ability if you disagree lets here it Razz

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2030054_FAQ_40Krulebook_Feb2010.pdf
HiveMindRuik
HiveMindRuik
Assassin

Back to top Go down

New 40K Rule Book FAQ Empty Re: New 40K Rule Book FAQ

Post  Paz Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:08 pm

Hmm, I've read this before, but they have changed one or two points. Faq'd a Faq have they? Razz

Its clear that no, the doom cannot effect things in transports. But as to cover... Spirit leech causes wounds. Psychic powers that cause wounds allows the effected unit to take cover. So yes, you can get cover from the spirit leech. It makes no sense fluff wise, but there you go.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:24 pm

Wow wow wow. Well GW maintains its standard of quality of its FAQs. It is date 25th feb 2010, but still has army specific FAQs for the old Imperial Guard codex cheers
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:35 pm

I don't see how that clarifies anything, because the Doom's primary power (The leech ability) Isn't actually a psychic attack, and both of the rulings there apply to psychic powers. =.=;

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:50 am

Caros wrote:I don't see how that clarifies anything, because the Doom's primary power (The leech ability) Isn't actually a psychic attack, and both of the rulings there apply to psychic powers. =.=;

The its a conventional attack which doesnt specifically negate cover saves.
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:16 am

I was refering to Randy's statement that "It's clear that it doesn't allow cover saves." When nothing in that FAQ actually applies to the ability in question. The modifications they made apply to psychic powers, which the leech ability is not.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum