Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

powergaming

5 posters

Go down

powergaming Empty powergaming

Post  judchic Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:45 pm

So more and more I see people are always criticizing lists based on how powerful it is.
I have to say to remember this is a game to have fun with, yes its fun to win but its nice to be able to make an army you want just to have fun playing.
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

powergaming Empty Re: powergaming

Post  Paz Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:06 pm

If this is in reference to what I was saying on the army lists, i didn't mean that you were powergaming. definitely not. What I meant is that some of the tactical advice being handed is just copy and pasted off most tactica forums. Take a powerful list, go for it! But if you take a list that is well known to be "I want to win cuz the internets said I would" then prepare for some criticism. Again though, your list was not even CLOSE to anything resembling powergaming. So don't worry.

Before anyone else rushes in with points and counter-points, we have a had a number of these threads so far, and I like to think, as a gaming group, we've come to an equilibrium. Some ppl feel one way, and others, another, and we are not going to change ppl's mind, other than to offer advice, when asked for.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:28 pm

personally i think its fun to power game, or face another power gamer once in a while, but it cant be your normal list, the best games i have ever had were when me and my opponent had well rounded army lists.

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:52 pm

Wasn't refering to your post paz (and if that list i posted turns out to be that good i'm going to be shocked).
Ben basically stated my exact thoughts in his post, I find its more fun if the game is with balanced lists than to just stomp people. dice don't always let that happen but still.
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:14 pm

In the end, if your bringing out a powerful list every time, no one is really going to want to have you a game. Sort of a self regulating system we have going.

I dont mind bringing out the heavy guns for the playoffs, but for regular games I change my list everytime to keep myself and opponent from getting to bored. That means that once in awhile, I hjave to bring oit possessed models.. ugh, but i try really hard not to do this to often..
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:45 pm

I dont mind bringing out the heavy guns for the playoffs, but for regular games I change my list everytime to keep myself and opponent from getting to bored. That means that once in awhile, I hjave to bring oit possessed models.. ugh, but i try really hard not to do this to often..[/color][/quote]

the models own, but they are a terrible unit

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:26 am

I still have all my models from the previous codex where I had a unit of 8 Worldeasters possessed with Daemonic Talons. Talons gave you rending in the last book.. so yeah, 34 Str 5 rending attacks on the charge, and also back then rending meant you auto wounjded when you rolled any 6's on the attack rolls. It was a bit over the top, thats for sure.. Smile So good before, horrible now.. poor little models
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:04 am

they arent horrible now, just not nearly as good as they once were.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:41 pm

spawn are the best models ever but they suck, gw makes awesome models for the things no one uses ironic.

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:32 am

Take gift as a psychic power then you'll use spawn alot
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down