Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Ork FAQ

4 posters

Go down

New Ork FAQ Empty New Ork FAQ

Post  Guest Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:18 am

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m970066a_2010_Orks_FAQ

Deff rollas work on vehicles. Wow. Didn't see that one coming, lol.

Back to top Go down

New Ork FAQ Empty Re: New Ork FAQ

Post  Paz Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:20 pm

Those are... a lot of changes. Changing wounds on a profile? Ouch.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:43 pm

We just need that Nid faq out now...
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:24 pm

Ok... so maybe it's just me but what's different from the old FAQ? A warbiker upgraded to a Nob now gets two wounds just like EVERY other nob in the dex... check. Dakka guns use the profile from the warbikers page and not from the summary at the back of the book (they are completely different, but the FAQ'd one is the exact same as the one on the warbiker entry page)

So it's a long FAQ but the only "changes" are that the Weirdboyz frazzle is a S6 hit on the rear armor instead of just doing the template hit, (thanks dicks) and tank bustas are allowed to move however they like in the movement phase...

I wish they didn't waste time with this, like they could have wrote 4 pages of my new necron dex instead of clarifying a few pages of nothing. Warbikers nob? I would have played him with 2 wounds by accident EVERY game if I used them, I mean they'd be the only nob that doesn't have 2 wounds, hard to remember that, or pay attention to it... and ya the dakka guns, I'd play with those stats anyways because they're ALREADY IN MY DEX.

FAQ necrons or PDF codex update, append rending to gauss and make warriors SaP, don't FAQ this garbage... I hope they FAQ the chaos dex to let me know that bolters can't be fired in the movement phase... thanks for coming out GW.
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:22 pm

I would much rather GW did a full revamp of the army like they did with Tyranids, instead of releasing a =I=censor=I= web document-errata garbage like blood angels.

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:48 am

why complain about that when blood angels are getting a new codex in a couple months?
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:08 am

I can't say I really understand people being upset about this FAQ. Its likely the result of maybe a few hours work to finish up, from what I can tell, comparing it to the old FAQ, its mostly clarifications on Typos, which is one of the things an FAQ SHOULD be used for.

The Dakkagun and wounds on the nob are very much things that deserve to be in that book. The dakkagun because it lists two different stats on two different pages, and the nobs because their statline was either a misprint or a total screw up. Though I agree with smackman on the accidental usage of 2 wound warbikers, I'd have called an opponent if I'd noticed them saying the model had 2 wounds "Because it makes sense" when their statline says 1.

Just my take anyways. The deffrolla call makes me think they're high on something tho. =.=;

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:26 am

Yeah, like who wants orks to at least be semi-competitive... pfft, who needs sales. lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:22 am

i do think these FAQ's are important. Not because they reveal any game-breaking or new concepts, but because they counteract Rules Lawyer'ing misinterpretation arguments.

This stops loophole advocates, and we will most definitely see this type of document for Tyranids.

Also, I believe that anyone who thinks codex's contain "Easter egg" rules, are playing the wrong game.

P.S. Holycause= Take a look at the year sales numbers for G'Dub. Space Marines= oodles of cashola. Orks= same scene. This does not mean these are the most competitive armies dude.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:35 pm

I agree 100% that these have to be done.

[quote]Yeah, like who wants orks to at least be semi-competitive... pfft, who needs sales. lol [/quote}

Im not sure what this meant though? Im guessing it's sarcastic, but you dont think Orks are good? Orks are a great army, with or without the Deffrolla rule clarification.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum