Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dark heresy

4 posters

Go down

dark heresy Empty dark heresy

Post  Administratum Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:30 pm

Has anyone heard anything about the 40k rpg, dark heresy?

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

dark heresy Empty Re: dark heresy

Post  gluvzer Wed May 07, 2008 5:29 pm

The game will come out in three stages starting this summer with dark heresy. The core rules are to cover all three stages of the game and supplements will be released for all. Dark Heresy has the players as an Inquisitors retinue, the second release (approx. 18 mo's later) introduces rogue traders and other alien pirates, third release introduces the Deathwatch Kill teams. This is all rumour of course, although expect Dark Heresy on shelves sometime this summer.
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu May 08, 2008 9:17 am

Darren had copies of the first run of Dark Heresy at the den. I missed out on a copy though, and now since Fantasy Flight took over the game, it's going to be awhile before a second run comes out, annnnnd, it probably won't be as nice. I've already heard they are looking to drop the price.

As for the game itself, I've heard some bad rumours. Yes, you are part of an Inquisitors retinue, but you are the lowest of a low. It's more like a sometime in the distant, distant future, maybe perhaps you might be part of a retinue.. you start out with shit horrible stats, even the Imperial Guardsmen only a base chance of 40% to hit anything, and he's the best shooter. The D6 generation guys were talking about their playtest on their voxcast, and one of the players failed the roll to buckle of their spaceship harness. She was to embarassed to tlel anyone else, so on re-entry got banged around a little and ended up with some damage. Now, that's some funny stuff and great for a role-playing game, but come on.. fail to buckle your space seat belt??

The story for each run of dark Heresy is the same.. so the replay value is crappy, however, this will all change as they release more supplements and of course with a good GM, the skies the limit. As well, it's a d100 based game, and there are charts everywhere. There is basiclaly a chart for everything you can do, which can be good and bad sometimes.

Beyond that, I also heard it was a fluff explosion. Lots of new info and a ton of old info. Anyone who played 1st edition or rogue trader will love it, since you can buy alot of the old crazy weapons. So, despiute the game core rules and mechanics, this alone would make me want to play.

So, good and bad. I can't offer my opinion since someone bought the copy before me.. *sigh*

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Sun May 11, 2008 1:08 pm

The system is a bag of shit.

However I am also a DnD hater (You clowns and your charts!). It's a clunky, level/career based system that appears only to have been put together to showcase how good they are at making charts. Do people need an eye color chart? It's the same system as Warhamemr fantasy Role Play. Also a bag of shit.

Now the fluff is cool, with a mini campaign setting by Dan Abnett, which was good. The book is nicely laid out with neato artwork and colors etc. It's a nice piece of fluff but the system is poor.

Now i do disagree with what Robyn said about the game universe and the PC's part in it as retinue members being boring. I think there is plenty of room for adventure and fun as laid out in what the book wants you to do. But jut to recap... the sytem is a bag of shit.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down