Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red Spanner Boyz

3 posters

Go down

Red Spanner Boyz Empty Red Spanner Boyz

Post  smackman Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:17 am

I've been tossing this list around for about a year now, and as I'm a couple models away from having my Word Bearers tank company finished I've decided to start priming my orks and hopefully finish painting them for reals this time. The list is all about piling on the most mechanical ork creations possible, Here's THE LIST:

HQ
Big Mekk - Shokk Attack Gun 95pts
Big Mekk - Shokk Attack Gun 95pts

Elites
15 x Lootas 225pts

Troops
12 x Choppa Boyz, Nob (Pwr Claw, Boss Pole), Trukk (Boardin' Plank) 151pts

Whirrin' Deff (Fast Attack)
5 x Deff Copta's, Twin-Linked Rokkits 225pts
5 x Deff Copta's, Twin-Linked Rokkits 225pts

Da Mechs (Heavy Support)
Forge World Mega Dread, Mega Charger, Grot Riggers, Killkannon, Rippa Claw 195pts
3 x Killa Kans, Grotzooka's, Grot Riggers 150pts
3 x Killa Kans, Grotzooka's, Grot Riggers 150pts
Deff Dread, 2 CCW, 2 Skorcha's, Grot Riggers, Count As Troops 90pts
Deff Dread, 2 CCW, 2 Skorcha's, Grot Riggers, Count As Troops 90pts

Totals 2000pts, It's taken me a long time to add 5 copta's and 3 trukks, the urge to just take them out and have 90 boyz is almost overwhelming, but I just needed more ork ramshackle creations.
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Red Spanner Boyz Empty Re: Red Spanner Boyz

Post  Paz Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:31 pm

That... is pretty much the coolest friggin list I have ever seen. You get the PAZ stamp of approval sir.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:28 pm

A couple 'mechanic' suggestions: Grot Riggers on the kans aren't very useful, as Immobilized in a squadron = dead anyways. Maybe put those riggers on the Trukks instead?

Also, from experience vs Zack, I have to say : Force Fields R Awesome. Try'em. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Terran Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:54 pm

I like the idea of going with two Big Meks. I am not entirely sold on two SAG's. When I was playing my Ork army way back in the day, I used the SAG in 4 games. I killed zero models, teleported my Mek into CC with Terminators twice, exploded him and everyone around him once, and kept scattering off absolutely everything in all remaining instances.

The double SAG is just too random. While it has the potential for some hilarious shenangigans, the table itself is actually stacked against the gun-user. I would just give one a KFF and have it slog along with the vehicles. That 4+ cover-save is a life-saver.

Otherwise, looks pretty green. Wink
Terran
Terran
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:23 pm

Ditto on the SAG - it's too random to be effective. Like Daemons Laughing

Who do the Meks hang out with? If they're on their own (over there, HA english), they're gonna be a total joke to drop, thus nerfing whatever potential those SAGs have.

Not a fan of trukks, easily the worst unit in 40K. lol

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:08 am

Yeah after playing a few games with them I've decided to drop one SAG for a KFF, the SAG's were hanging out with the lootas to provide a meat shield for their frail bodies (not a retard ftw) but i've decided that while loota's are good they have the distinct disadvantage of not being troops.

After some play testing I've come up with dropping the lootas, putting the SAG with 20 shoota boyz, 2 big shootas and a nob with pwr claw (cuz guys seem to always close the distance to the SAG with various dirty tricks) gave my other big mekk a KFF and pwr claw and put him with 30 slugga boyz and a nob with power claw and boss pole, and then force marched them behind the mechanized wall.

A note about the SAG is that while it's a luck of the scatter dice weapon i always take ammo runts, 3pts to reroll a scatter dice once per game on a gun that opens a dinner saucer to the warp, yeah, if I roll double 6's for str and miss my scatter im gonna want another crack at it... 3pts is easily easily worth that.

I've also dropped to 2 trukks. I won't give up the trukks, they're easily one of my favorite looking 40k models and my one gunner has a cigar hanging out of his mouth and it's the most freaking badass thing you've ever seen.

but basically I'm happy with the list now, my back troops hold an objective while the SAG vapourizes any infantry unfortunate enough to fail their cover save (even a str 3 template is still a str 3 pie plate that's freaking ap1, good luck deepstriking those terminators Very Happy) a terrifying wall of mechs walks across the table sheilded by kff who can do whatever he likes because he's with 30 of the best lads in 40k and the trukks can burn rubber across the table to take out guys deployed alone or distract anti vehicle weapons while waiting for the 'coptas to reign a fiery death down upon anyone stupid enough to still be alive when they outflank.
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down