Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Input requested

5 posters

Go down

Input requested Empty Input requested

Post  Veyure Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:17 pm

So here's a list i've been toying with. Havent tried it out yet, but curious as to what others like and dislike. I'm going for effective but sticking with undivided or tzeentch units. As you can see it's a pretty fast force overall. Everything mounted or fast so hoping to maintain that mobility. Have at it:

HQ
Daemon Prince - Wings; MoT = 150

Chaos Lord - Bike; Power Fist; MoT = 160

Troops
Thousand sons x 8 + Aspiring Sorcerer with doombolt = 254
Rhino with TL Bolter = 40

Rhino with TL Bolter = 40

Chaos Marines x 9 with 2x meltaguns + Aspiring Champion with power fist = 210

Fast
Bikes x 7 with 2x meltaguns + Aspiring champion with power fist = 324

Raptor x 6 with 2x flamers + Champion with pair of lightning claws = 190

Heavy
Landraider = 220 (For marines)

Units i have but not using are: vindicator, defiler, dread w/ Lascannon, dread w/ plasma cannon, 6 terminators (2 fist 1 chain 1 flame 1 lightning claws 1 lord), daemon prince,
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Input requested Empty Re: Input requested

Post  Guest Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:05 pm

as far as Fun goes, I'd suggest Dropping the Raptors for a Defiler. I'm a big fan of the Defilers, they're just so flipping cool.. And I've never really liked Jump troops, but those are both personal choice ideas.

As far as Effectiveness goes, I think the Troops are far too expensive.. ~300 pts each squad for 9 marines in a rhino.. Granted they've got 4+ invul, and slow&purposeful+Transport=Cool, but they strike me with a similar problem to my own Grey Knights. They appear to be Cool, Awesome, and fairly powerful, but they're not really cost-efficient.
Also that Land Raider has a giant target on it.. with 2 Rhinos as your only other vehicles, it's going to draw a lot of anti-tank firepower.

Other than that, looks like a fairly good list to me, albeit a bit short ranged for my tastes. Wink LASCANNNON HOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:52 pm

As a squishy guardsman you need all the range you can get Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:26 pm

I understand the thought on cost of the thousand sons. I thought the same at first, but i've seen them pay off again and again. Not too many units convince bezerkers to stay in cover... I use them a lot and the only thing i suffer with them is a lack of horde control.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:54 am

Greg, drop the raptors, use the points from that to add in a vindicator. This will leave you with 65 points, add a combi flamer to your lord, add combi flamers to both rhinos, then whip those bikers into shape! this isn't sister act two! Make them pick a god! use the 40 left over points to give them a mark of tzeentch so that they can hold their own in any close combat, they will be a motorised vehicle of death, in the distance through the exhaust smog the four horseman of the apocalypse will give them thumbs up and air fives.

The vindicator is anti-everything! and adding the combi flames are a cheap solution to dealing with hordes, in a normal MEQ game you probably wont use them, against orks and nids they will add that extra flamey template surprise that everyone loves. I'd suggest fandangling a way to give both sorcerers Wind of Chaos, ever since you've suggested it for my T'sons I haven't stopped using it, it's like christmas and halloween gave birth to a template of awesome.

not sure how many points your list is, i started added and then said... who cares? anyways I'd love to be a play-test-dummy for this army when you have time for more terrible analogies.
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:53 am

It turns out raptors arent cool. i like the vindi anyway. here is an update. Tom its 1850 points. im thinking ahead to the pawg tourny. only one sorc gets WoC due to points restrict.
HQ
Daemon Prince - Wings; MoT = 150

Chaos Lord - Bike; Power Fist; MoT = 160

Troops
Thousand sons x 8 + Aspiring Sorcerer with Wind of Chaos = 274
Rhino with Combi-flamer= 45

Rhino with Combi-flamer= 45

Chaos Marines x 9 with 2x meltaguns + Aspiring Champion with power fist = 210

Fast
Bikes x 7 with 2x meltaguns + IoT + Aspiring champion with power fist = 364

Heavy
Landraider = 220 (For marines)

Vindicator = 125

Total = 1847
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  kerr_matt80 Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:04 pm

I still think you should give the second asp sorcerer warptime and put that squad in the raider for force weapon ic instant death goodness. You could switch the power weapon on your normal squad to a sword too to get the points...I know I know, best idea ever!
kerr_matt80
kerr_matt80
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:51 pm

Nah I like this list, and I love the fist squad charging outta the raider, i mean that's a potential 20" anti tank threat, it's just sexy.
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:28 pm

I think you should just give up greg Cool
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:34 pm

Give what up?
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:44 pm

Your baby. To me.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:49 pm

Paz wrote:Your baby. To me.

or you can adopt one

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:33 pm

Come one Paz. Do you really want her? you've seen how she gets.... you can have her for a whole week if ya want. would be great for me.

Now back on topic. How do you like my list Paz and everyone else? Is there anything i should change?
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:03 pm

I've found, to be competitive in some way, raptors need the Mark of Slaanesh. You need those lightning claws striking first!
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:42 am

I think the current list is looking pretty good. I was only going to reccomend to take one or the other when it comes to Raptors or Bikers. I have both as well, and have used either/or in games. The bikes always end up pulling more then their fair share of work. Even if it's just turbo boosting and eating lots of gunfire. Ive struggled with getting the raptors to work right. I have a champ with lightning claws and two meltas and I always give them the MOK. I've even given them a lotd to jet aruond with them, but they always fall short for some reason..

The only thing I would maybe try would be to replace the raptors with your termies. Those 4+ termies are nice, but pretty damn expensive. My termies are hit and miss though, skmetimes they change the game, sometimes they just implode.

With your list though, rhinos, land raider, I think the vindicator will help out more. Gives another vehicle to shoot at besides your land raider.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum