Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~BLOOD ANGELS~

+2
smackman
Paz
6 posters

Go down

~BLOOD ANGELS~ Empty ~BLOOD ANGELS~

Post  Paz Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:36 pm

squee!

dakkadakka rumours

winged marines, a rumoured mini thunderhawk, all about the dreads (furioso moriar supposed to have 5-6 attacks!) and super LSStorm squads! I now know I will be waiting for this dex to base my Astral claws off of!

Though take all this with a pinch of salt... could be tricky wishlisting. But I hope not!
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

~BLOOD ANGELS~ Empty Re: ~BLOOD ANGELS~

Post  Guest Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:59 pm

necrons need it more

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:31 pm

pffft the 'crons are fine, they're just challenging to play is all Very Happy
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:40 pm

yeah, but its GW. Space marines sell well. Necrons, not as well. GW makes money, and has shareholders, who like money and don't really care about the game as a game. I'm sure the game designers care, but guess who pays the salaries? Rolling Eyes Everyone complains about new marine releases and a lack of xenos coverage, but its always been that way.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:24 am

Well maybe they should another xenos army popular enough to compete with sm. Like make Necrons religious, and not some shotty xenos religion, make them christian, make them twice more christian than sm, they'll fly off the shelves faster then they can vacuum seal the boxes.

Dissapointing as they may be I thank the space marine players for existing because without them there's no money for gw to make all the filthy xenos scum armies that I play Very Happy
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Freezingoon Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:49 am

I think to make any xenos as popular as space marines there would need to be a major re write in the child hood stories we all enjoyed when we were younger. Make superman happen to have come from an eldar craftworld, turn Green Lantern into GreenOrk Dude and have the terminators in all the movies be the down but not out survivors of a brutal human reign. None of these are featuring space marines per say but they are all people who get the job done regardless of the odds always stacked against them and if the space marine fluff had to be summed up in one sentence it would be, they get =I=censor=I= done, regardless of the odds.

Also all the video games that have you play as a marine blasting through armies of bugs, robots, demons, ect single handed could dont help either.
Freezingoon
Freezingoon
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:17 am

smackman wrote: Like make Necrons religious, and not some shotty xenos religion, make them christian, make them twice more christian than sm, they'll fly off the shelves faster then they can vacuum seal the boxes.
if GW did that... hey, wanna buy some necrons? Neutral

At any rate, as much as I dislike constant space marine releases, I am kinda looking forward to this codex in a way. I've got my mouthful with my Tyranids, and if the blood angels get some interesting plastic kits that opens up some nice conversion options.

Back to top Go down

Post  jhare Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:11 am

I think you will see a change when they start trying to move into the Asian market in a big way. There are so many potential customers that I don't think you won't see them do this. I suspect that they are worried about the price point for that market though. If they do I suspect you will see different types of emphasis being placed on different types of armies. Just a thought. I agree that the extream SM fetish of GW is a bit trying at times but they also don't help matters by making the interesting units for other armies either metal (eldar) or useless (kroot, necrons etc.). Just my opinion.

James
jhare
jhare
Mystic

http://www.jamesedwardhare.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guardian Angel Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:24 am

Back on topic people.....lol.

BoLS has some more rumoury goodness.

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2010/01/40k-rumors-blood-angels-tidbits.html

8 Dreads, a Space Marine FLYER!!, a Techno-monster, and a LR with Assault Cannons and Plasma Guns......oh ya, and Melta pistols for Assault Marines Twisted Evil

So....does anyone have a good way to change a TON of space marines from Dark Angels green to Blood Red???

Very Happy
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:23 pm

As much as Im not a huge fan of the Blood Angels.. the rumours sound very impressive. I have to say, I love that they're taking the chapters and making them truly unique.. Marines sure.. but a very different army. Sounds cool to me!
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guardian Angel Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:43 pm

System Commander wrote:As much as Im not a huge fan of the Blood Angels.. the rumours sound very impressive. I have to say, I love that they're taking the chapters and making them truly unique.. Marines sure.. but a very different army. Sounds cool to me!

Ya....just think you could make flying Khorne Bezerkers and call them Blood Angel Assault Marines.......
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:51 pm

This was a post on the old group I used to play with. Tought I would move it over here although most of it is stuff we already know there is a bit of interesting information.

"personally the blood angels monsterous creature controlled by a techmarine has my interest, rumor has it, its the hulk with a 4 barrel cannon arm. then there is the drop pod with wings, aka the flying landraider, forget the name of it though. each of the blood angels chapters are getting a master in the dex, flesh tearers, etc. two diff types of death company models, losing rending i think, but keep their furuios charge bonuses if they win their combat. can feild up to 8 dreds, rhinos are fast vehicles with a severe damage table. new baal tank (dang i just baught two not to long ago), new cc weapons for the dreds, winged jump packs, something about a special assault group that has rapier type swords that are like frost axes, not sure what that is.. anyone? hehe, long story short, yay!"

I won't vouch for the accuracy of the information but I will ask him where he got it from.With the rumors I already seen posted on various sites it looks like the new blood angels will be impressive.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:54 pm

Sorry just read the link above. Guess now I know where his information came from.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down