Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some stuff about Necrons - new question

+4
System Commander
Lord_Commander_Stash
Veyure
Timbo
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Some stuff about Necrons - new question - Page 2 Empty Re: Some stuff about Necrons - new question

Post  Guest Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:42 am

HolyCause wrote:per RAW, if Scarabs that turboboost are hit with markerlights twice their cover save is still only 3+. I would assume that 40K uses a sort of "add up all of the modifiers" system, but if anyone wishes to disagree with that (or outright disallow it), please post!

I just skimmed the rules, shouldn't it be a 4+ if he used two markerlights? 3+ for turboboosting, another 1+ for small target (now a 2+ - damn that's a hard to hit target) and then -2 for the two markerlights (which are cumulative as per the codex) so back to +4 cover save. If enough markerlights hit there is potential for no cover save.

Back to top Go down

Some stuff about Necrons - new question - Page 2 Empty Re: Some stuff about Necrons - new question

Post  smackman Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:27 am

I don't think so, since Scarabs get 3+ for turbo boosting like a jetbike, -1 to 2+ for the stealth USR from being swarms, -1 again for Small target [used to be a USR however luckily the codexs take precedence and the rules for small target are written in the codex] however you can't have a 1+ cover save so we're at 2+ still, which to me, if you did a +1 to my cover save would mean that I'm still at a 2+ cover save because of adding up all the modifiers affecting my unit, then the second marker light would raise my cover to 3+

3+ (turbo boost) -1 (small target) -1 (stealth) +2 (Markerlight) = 3+

Fancy math indeed!
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:01 pm

I dont want to see ANY more of this arguing for the point or arguing... how could you possibly think thats a good thing to do?

Im under the opinion that the destroyers move as jetbikes in move and assault.. not because it goes by RAW, but because I believe it was intended that way.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2