Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Foody-K Fundraiser

+8
master of the deathwing
evilsuns10
smackman
gluvzer
Terran
kerr_matt80
sewerstalker
System Commander
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Warhammer Foody-K Fundraiser - Page 2 Empty Re: Warhammer Foody-K Fundraiser

Post  Guest Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:55 pm

sewerstalker wrote:the flyer said 10-6 so i guess around 10

thank you

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:11 am

System Commander wrote:
5 tickets - at the beginning of the game after deployment zones have been picked but before units are deployed, you can spend 5 tickets and move one piece of terrain up to 6" in any direction.

If we move a hill on top of an enemy unit, does it still do 2D6 wounds to every model who fails an initiative test?
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  evilsuns10 Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:25 am

do we just show up with the food or do we have to sign up or something..?
Im not very good so does that still i can go in even if i dont know the rules 100%??
evilsuns10
evilsuns10
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:28 am

Yup, just bring your food items ot the event, Don King will take it will take all in. Remember, 10 items is the registration fee, and every items after that gets you one ticket to be used in a special way.

Registering will get you one ticket to put into the prizes boxes, then for each game you play you get another one and each game you win gets you an additional one... and thats pretty much it. Nothing to competitive save for a few prizes and fun... but most importantly.. its a good cause.

Stash, the rules says after deciding deployment, but before putting any units out.. so you cant drop it on anyone!
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:16 am

Just a heads up for those who will be attending their first foodmachine tournament. There were people last year that decided to really really get into the spirit of giving, and ended up dropping off well over 100 items if i remember correctly. This means that those people who showed up with only 15-20 items were heavily outmatched against those people. Additionally, the purpose of tournament is to have fun in the name of a worthy cause, so bringing lots will increase your chances of avoiding an eternity in hell, while games where both opponents have a stack of tickets can be incredibly fun and wacky. If you are planning on attending make sure you look at the information on what tickets can buy, and note that there is not limit on how many you can use per game.

As a final note, i would encourage people to bring a little bit more than just a pallet of itchy-ban. Dont get me wrong, its still food, and there is nothing wrong with it, but it would be nice to see some other non perishables as well. Maye a ratio of 1 can of pork and beans to 20 packs of itch ban lol Smile Totally up to you guys though, just a suggestion. If you are looking for a variety of items that fit the bill i know safeway has prearranged foodbank bags that you can purchase in the store. I am not sure if you can take them out of the store though, you might have to leave them in the donation bin.

I will not be able to make it, but if there is a yonger player who plans on going send me a PM. I know that money is scarce at that age, so i could probably hook you up with 10-20$ to get you started. I also have a bunch of stuff in the cupboard that i would probably be willing to donate as well.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kerr_matt80 Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:28 am

System Commander wrote:Allrighty, Ill tell Don it's a go. It's going to be a friendly event.. keep in mind the priority is to gather up food items for the Food Bank.. not to win the prizes available. The prizes of course help out.. but were trying to raise some food items.

Ichiban noodles will get you a ticket.. but I encourage a mix of course. I think the Food bank hauled off about 5000 packs of Ichiban last year.

Ill get the ball in motion. Everyone will of course receive league points for their games this weekend. The lists are 750 and will have to abide by the standard recon rules.

However, I'd be willing to field some debate if everyone wanted to up it to 1000 points and make three games instead of four and throw the recon rules out.

Tom, I really doubt anything will come up, but Ill put you down as the final say if something does creep up. I think we can all work stuff out on our own for a friendly like this. If worse comes to worse, you can always roll a dice to settle an issue and then force your opponent to re-roll it with a ticket! Ok, just kdding, please dont try to do that.

Ill get all the scenarios done and posted this week as well so everyone knows they're up against.
wasn't it 750 with no restrictions at all last year? It's going to break my heart if I cant try my 2 raider 2 5man scout squad list out
kerr_matt80
kerr_matt80
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:06 am

[quote="kerr_matt80]wasn't it 750 with no restrictions at all last year? It's going to break my heart if I cant try my 2 raider 2 5man scout squad list out[/quote]

The power-gaming thread can be found in the general discussion area. Smile
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:30 pm

This is a Safeway free thread.. if you need food items, you should be buying them at your Co-op... Safeway is far higher priced than the Co-op, and weve got food bank bags to. Gooooooooo.. Co-op!!
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  sewerstalker Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:39 pm

i heard through someone that it starts at 12.if thats true i will not be able 2 make it Sad
sewerstalker
sewerstalker
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:10 pm

sewerstalker wrote:i heard through someone that it starts at 12.if thats true i will not be able 2 make it Sad

so when does it start?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2